Platform Leaper

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Codifie, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I haven't spent much time in Buildbox lately, so recently I decided to do a little experiment.
    I wanted to try and develop a full blown, level progression game with multiple characters, iap and ad network. I wanted the game to be based off an existing template. Basically I wanted to see how easily this whole process could be done and in what kind of time frame.

I created Platform Leaper in really a matter of days, integrated AppLovin network using their interstitials. Did not do banners or rewarded video, just wanted to see how easy adding interstitials was.

I have to say I was pretty impressed, the same creation using another engine would have taken 4 weeks, at least. I had this done from beginning to finish within a week.

Now of course it could use some love, and polishing, I just wanted to see how smooth or rough the process might be using Buildbox 3.

released on Apple here
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/platform-leaper/id1452342055?ls=1

AppNasty likes this.
  2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Nice! Would love to see maybe some blocks that do nothing, but when you hit them they explode. Would add a little fun to it. [Make a static block, add explosion node and set to another object which is setup as dynamic. also make the debris objects MASS 0.001 so you just plow through it lol]

3. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Great idea!

AppNasty likes this.