Experimenting With Fps Style Bb3 Game.

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by AppNasty, Oct 16, 2019.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Playing around in BB3. Would make a great horror game. Maybe a slenderman style of game. Or an RPG style. Thoughts?

2. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Yes, this is good if you introduce shooting :) But still very early stages of BB 3 for this type of games. How's the rendering and the performance of so many objects on the scene? I do not see many lags in the video -> which is good! :cool:

I wish Buildbox have this animated OBJ files introduced into the engine, now all objs are static. We cannot add rigged / animated OBJ files yet -> that would be a whole another level.

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Adding shooting now. It runs smooth. I made sure initial size of the objs where super small. And each trees collision is a cylinder vs mesh. Used night time and close fog. But even without all that it was still running smooth for me. But I’ve got enough here to complete a game.
    As for static objects...would be cool to make this into a doom style game. 2d objects and enemies in a 3d environment. Then we could have animated enemies etc. think I’ll try that now.

MAC420 likes this.
  4. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

@OneHitGamer it would make an awesome horror game, the snow makes it look good as well. it would be cool to have particles falling over the character to have the effect that its also snowing.

AppNasty likes this.
  5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Oooooooooo good idea. Back to the lab!

Josh (Nology Games) likes this.
  6. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Dude! I can not wait to see the end of this.

AppNasty likes this.