Bb2 Deprecated Api Usage

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by AppNasty, Oct 6, 2019.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Went to upload game to apple store and immediately got an email saying my game is using UIWebView and i need to submit a fix.
    I'm using BB2 2.3.8 #2509 and haven't updated to #2515 as it seems it wasn't fixed in that version? others saying same issue.
    Any help appreciated. If a version isn't out that fixes this does this mean that no matter what BB2 version exists we cant upload to apple?

2. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Same here :( and we were proposing to a publisher

3. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

I think for now apple is still accepting apps with this warning

4. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Yes, but until when... nobody knows :)

5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

So EVERYONE using bb2 cant submit to stores? Why do i see people still uploading and promoting their games here?

6. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

Same message on BB3, its a warning but iTunes will still accept it. Hopefully BB will fix and then we could send an update

7. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey guys got this on the radar and prioritized for BB2 for an update to resolve, for now it is just a warning and you should be able to upload still without issue. @OneHitGamer @Rebel Studios are you stated that they actually blocked submission/upload?

Regarding this in Buildbox 3 we've already got it resolved

8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

It stopped me from uploading with first warning. But eventually was able to submit anyways. So all good.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  9. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

We only submitted it to testflight as the publisher wanted to test it. So we received the warning upon submission. We were still able to download it from testflight to our devices and test the game.

Sean Buildbox and AppNasty like this.
  10. DarkSandwich

DarkSandwich Boxer

I got the same message too with BB3. But then again the Apple team did say this, "Though you are not required to fix the following issues, we wanted to make you aware of them".

Did you guys receive an issue regarding missing purpose string in Info.plist? They said that the app's Info.plist file should contain a NSCalendarsUsageDescription key with a user-facing purpose string explaining clearly and completely why your app needs the data. How do I fix this issue?

11. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Which version of Buildbox 3? The latest builds should have this removed. Working on it for Buildbox 2 currently.

AppNasty likes this.
  12. DarkSandwich

DarkSandwich Boxer

@Sean Buildbox I use both BB3 3.0.1 and the latest 3.0.2 Beta 2. I've already sent the email to support team regarding these issues and got in touch with Miko. Just to mention, I use xCode 10.3 for both builds.

I've solved the NSCalendarsUsageDescription issue by just adding it into the .plist with a short message for the string.