Buildbox 3.0.2 Beta #3194

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Alexone

Alexone Boxer

hello I have had some init issues since version 3.0.1.
    Try to open the "Twisted Road" example with 3.0.1 or 3.0.2 (where you get some extra issues).
    Export to iOS, open in Xcode, make an IPA.
    At first launch the game is stopped. If you hard quit the game and relaunch everything is fine for ever.
    Has happened to me on several projects.

2. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Sorry about this guys, it is a known issue in the process of being fixed for 3.0.2 official.

Timeline Editor is being worked on being brought over and updated currently. If you have a file that is not playing scenes it should can you DM or email support@buildbox.com with it and we will investigate.

Which iOS device were you using? Thought I might have seen this as well but it proved intermittent between an iPad/iPhone and different control types. If you can please DM me details.

Ivan Perfetti likes this.
  3. saurabh

saurabh Boxer

fog is not working in my BB ......anybody has the same problem.......????
    how could i fix this problem

4. Sean Buildbox

Was it working in your file before the Beta? Can you please DM or send in a sample project of the issue to support@buildbox.com and we will investigate?

5. weboha

weboha Avid Boxer

hi sean,
    - new jump node doesn't work. I tried old code its works.
    - i am using settings.score global var, it was work old bb3 but now when game first start global var doesn't work. but when u restart game its work. this bug only happened only on iPhone, not in game preview.
    - game preview doesn't save global var also. every time I test game in bb3 game start begin. it doesn't remember global var values.

6. Sean Buildbox

Can you DM/send details/examples on these if you already haven't?

itzonator likes this.
  7. Sean Buildbox

When you say fog not working do you mean it not adjusting to a changing color in background? If so we've already fixed that, but if you mean something separate please DM or send details into support@buildbox.com

itzonator likes this.
  8. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Why does it force close when duplicating and positioning multiple objects? Its not stable.And saving project every now an then for a small changes is a tedious task.Kindly fix it.

9. Sean Buildbox

This actually has already been addressed thankfully. We'll have a new build with the fix shortly.

10. Greatone

Greatone Boxer

Having this same problem once you exit out app on iphone and return it doesnt save progress enters you into a blank world with proper ui. BB App preview works fine

11. Sean Buildbox

Can you send over a quick example file and details via DM or support@buildbox.com if you haven't already?

12. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

New Feature Suggestion!

Hey Sean,

Can we have the ability to link TWO UI into a Single 3D World?

Both UIs can overlap with each other. The purpose of this is to create more customizable 3D World UI experience that has more than one UI. For example, I can have regular UI + 3D World UI (from a duplicated World), creating the ability to create DYNAMIC UI Elements, because of the 3D World UI, and the Regular UI will have all the buttons and stuff. It would be REALLY cool to create more polished, Publisher-Friendly games.

So ideally, when select a 3D World, a checkmark with "Add Another UI" would enable the 3D World to have another UI link. If no Second UI linked, nothing happens. If another UI is linked, it should overlap with the first UI.

Demo View: https://www.dropbox.com/s/82yvoec825ds1li/Two UIs.png?dl=0

Please forward this to the team, I think is possible and very easy to implement. This will help creating more Dynamic UI elements like we have in the top games in the charts.

New Ability Demo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/00s3g80egmb4gsi/TwoUI-setup.png?dl=0

Itzo

13. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

O
    Oh I see :) I have just started using BB3 .Better late than never :p .Waiting for the new build.

14. Zyl

Zyl Boxer

Thank you, Sean, can't wait for the official update.
    I have one small request, can you please integrate additional sound layer in 3.0.2?
    This simple feature would allow us to separate ambient sounds from the music theme inside the game?

15. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Had to go back to 3.0.1. This update broke ALL my games lol. Players wouldn't move. Assets where moved to wrong places etc. Ill wait!

16. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

Was copying and pasting object making levels and had BB3 crash on me 15 times in 2 1/2 hrs :(...
    There seems to be an issue with the copying and pasting(A,S,W,D and copy paste), Save, Save, Save.

17. Sean Buildbox

I will ask about this ;)

Can you shoot me details via PM? Can advise whether there are intentional changes or bugs.

We've solved the issue already. Will be uploading a new build very soon, sorry for the confusion

Zyl and Hue Buildbox like this.
  18. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Yes, not just copy/pasting objects to crash, but also when copy / pasting numbers from the Y, X, Z variables in objects.

19. weboha

weboha Avid Boxer

preview window doesn't remember laptop screen or monitor.
    I am using monitoring for BB and preview window in laptop. every time I click preview button, preview window goes monitor.
    this bug doesn't happened old BB3.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4dwkvhyzjpgb2i/IMG_3696.MOV

20. weboha

weboha Avid Boxer

hi sean, I tried again I think problem is not global var. values are coming.
    addLevel doesn't work. I am using adding scene for this code.
    first doesn't work this code, scenes are loading BB order, but when u restart button this code works. and scenes are loading in my code order.
    this.scene().addLevel(String(Settings.level1));