Bb3 Menu Jump

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Praaaytogod, May 27, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Praaaytogod

Praaaytogod Boxer

Okay, I'm struggling now. Lets use the ball flipper template as an example. How do I use the event observer to track the cubes flipped and then menu jump the user to the level complete interface thus allowing the user to press the play button to move onto the next world? I can only seem to make it work by removing the level complete UI and sending the player directly into the next world.

2. ash_white

ash_white Boxer

did you figure this out? I'm getting so bored not having any concise documentation for this friggin software and forums are hit and miss.

3. Hanomax

Hanomax Avid Boxer

Discord is nice place. Greater chance to get some help than on forums.
    To answer OP, in completed UI, replace navigation button function from "restart" to "default". And then, in mind map, connect completed UI output with new world.

4. ash_white

ash_white Boxer

Thanks, I'll check discord out.

I'm getting confused with what type of event observer to place in the Game UI to activate the completion process. There are a bunch of different options but no 'completion' event type. What would you advise to use and why (seeing as I can't seem to find anything explaining what they all do.

Thanks

5. Hanomax

Hanomax Avid Boxer

Completion process is triggered in 3D world in asset node map.
    For example, in ball flipper template. In cube's asset, there is "If collide" node, affected asset is "sphere". It is connected with threshold node. Threshold is 1. After collision, you get 1 point and also there is "Send" node, which sends signal into "Sphere" asset.
    Now, in "Sphere" asset node map, you'll find "Receve" node. Which is connected with threshold node. Threshold is 5, because there are 5 cubes total. Threshold is connected with "State" node. When sphere has collided with 5 different cubes, threshold 5 sends a signal to state node, which activates state 2. State 2 is connected with delay node and delay node with Event Observer (Named as Complete). And delay node's output is connected with event observer menu jump input.
    And in mind map, you connect 3d World's "Complete" output with "Complete UI".