Bbasset Confetti On Ui

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by itzonator, Aug 28, 2019.

1. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hey boxers,

It's not a secret that we can add bbassets on UI as they are identified as objects. This UI objects filed in Buildbox has a lot of potential to create more dynamic looking UI elements.

Does anyone know how to create Confetti bbasset designed for UI only. I know we can add images and animate them on UI via the Open / Idle / Close event for each image, but it's a lot of work if you try to come up with some cool confetti effect at the end and I did not fully mater how to make animate confetti and to appear more smooth on UI. It's not easy to engineer physics-based confetti on UI.

Also, we cannot copy / paste confetti images from one project to another, with bbassets we can and they are fully configurable! :)

If someone has that, please share :)

Itzo
    P.S. Attaching a simple confetti image to use as a starting point!

Attached Files:

2. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

I thought on some ways:

1. put some confetti obj in the UI and start to move them downwards or the opposite way with the record button.

2. make an bbasst make the obj invisible put delay or time and then make an explosion that the debris is confetti shape.

3. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Thanks for your input, this could work in theory, but have you tried it yourself? :)

4. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

did try with the record button but in my case i use confetti inside the 3d world but i manage to do with the record button its kind a hard way to do it

5. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Indeed, that is why I am asking for a spawner bbasset for the UI, instead of pressing record buttons and arranging stuff. This can be coded and drag/dropped into the UI and it can be configurable in terms of colors and spawning elements.

6. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

There is no physics or n the UI

7. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

I know that, but can we have bbasset on UI that reads information from the 3D world assets so we can simulate by accessing the code from the assets nodes.

I’ve seen nodes that can manipulate UI elements directly with custom code. So why this cannot be done the other way around :)

8. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

I’m a bit lost.

Why don’t you just do the confetti in a world and put a UI on top

itzonator likes this.