Buildbox 3.0.1 Beta #3152

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Reverse Studios

Reverse Studios Boxer

To be honest this is getting ridiculous, you can’t call yourself a no code publishing engine without having features that published games have eg. Ads, Daily Rewards, Particles

As far as I am concerned Bb is now just a 1000 dollar prototyping tool.

I am saying this as a 3 year user of bb who has just moved my studio to unity.

I had no coding experience and am now almost a certified unity developer

Rattlehead likes this.
  2. mamal

mamal Boxer

i updated my buildbox and now the screentoworld function is not working!
    my game's move mechanism was implemented using that function and now it doesn't move at all,
    has anyone encountered this problem too ?
    is there any fix ?

tonymartz2 likes this.
  3. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

the ability to code gives freedom

4. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

@Sean Buildbox
    i payed 300 usd and it is still beta??
    can u show us tutorials of restart checkpoint???

5. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

@Sean Buildbox
    @TreySmith
    @ZackGriset
    @NikRudenko
    I read that u added IsTouched node but there is not,
    also where is processing nodes???
    I was using them in my game, and how restart checkpoint "start" signal works also what is checkpoint loader node, give us tutorials?

6. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

u spent fixing this bugs more than 3 months and are you going to continue our subscription??? we payed money for beta and buggy soft

mamal and tonymartz2 like this.
  7. Brian Venclovas

Brian Venclovas Boxer

"Added: New Node “IsTouched”" The Node isn´t there. Good Job BB!

I am currently switching to Unity and Bolt Visual Scripting because nobody can support that anymore. The engine lags on every game or even crashes on a few objects + no publisher will work with Buildbox developer! Pretty sad to have paid money for this.

Juan likes this.
  8. Juan

Juan Boxer

This is extremely disappointing and unacceptable. People pay up to $300 a year for this software and you guys take forever to publish updates and when you do it's riddled with bugs. Don't try to excuse your self saying this pathetic update is in Beta, just fix it.

9. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

again cant drag and drop obj file, crash every time.
    im talking on little obj file like 20kb every time new beta and same problems as always.

10. Logan242

Logan242 Avid Boxer

This version seemed to mess up some up the remove or the delay node. I can't seem to get it to work now but if I load up previous versions of BB3 it works.

11. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

:D Dont post that here man!

12. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

Hello, when i am using multiple world in bb3, and when i am starting game from start menu it only starts game from world 1, on game over it is ok, but if i exit and continue game from start menu not.
    @NikRudenko
    @TreySmith
    @Sean Buildbox
    @ZackGriset
    Why we spent money if u updating buggy soft

13. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

@whitedogapp @Sean Buildbox@Josh (Tekanology)
    Settings don't get saved on exit with this beta, when i close the game and relaunch it every setting is undefined so I had to revert back to previous beta 3118.
    Several features added but way too many problems found in this beta, it doesn't really look like a step forward.

Checkpoints, a long awaited feature, were finally added but unfortunately there is no documentation.
    This is awful, a five minute effort to explain how this new feature works would've been highly appreciated, especially by non-coders who struggled (and still will) to create a checkpoint system using settings and some code as I and some others did.

I've read many asking for a free extension of their subscription and I agree; this might even be a beta but BB 3.0.0 was called official release even if it was missing key features like ads, checkpoints, etc. so it really was a beta and this can't be forget.
    It's been released after a long wait more than two months ago, it was May 23, substantially nothing changed since then.
    Hence, you still owe to us a complete working version of BB3 and you haven't yet delivered it, you should recognize that and give something back to your subscribers who paid upfront for their yearly subscription.
    I haven't read an answer to such requests to extend our subscriptions until now, it would be great to hear from you, silence just mean you play deaf on such requests, it hurts people who believed in your project and those who still believe in it.

I loved the idea behind Buildbox and I still do, I've been very patient but the uncertainty that this persisting situation is causing is forcing me to consider to leave Buildbox for one of the many other options out there, we all know there are many.
    Some already chose to leave and I'm pretty sure many are considering it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  14. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

@Ivan Perfetti your game based on what template? I can give you a working template that shows you the current level you in. It have one level with many scenes and evey scene has a finish when the charecter collides with it so you go to next level and it saves the last scene you have been.

15. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

Hi Shahar, my game is loosely based on the twisted road template. Thanks for your answer but my problem is not with saving, I've implemented it and it worked fine until the latest beta. The latest beta, at least for me, won't save any setting when you quit the game so when you close the game and launch it again no score or level nor any other setting gets saved. It all works fine with previous releases, not with the latest one, that's it. While in game there is no problem, the problem is only upon reloading.

16. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

I am so angry, 3 months gone nothing works, they missed 1 little problem for checkpoints, to continue and jump on next world checkpoint from start menu, i messaged support and cant understand what i mean, asking to cpture video

17. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

True its very disappointing the "official release" was three months ago and right became a beta we still don't know nothing everyone here learning by themselfs without any help or true tutorials which could really help you.
    I feel i pay for beta version which i think in the next half year we not gonna see the real official release.
    Every time i got stuck in my game every new beta release new problems come up basically i stuck with the same idea for half year.

i feel like its not worth to put that money and i'ts like Im try to make games for fun.

18. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Why? What's wrong with that? Any obsession?

19. Logan242

Logan242 Avid Boxer

Any way we can get the last version of BB3 with the 64 bit requirement at the moment? Just wondering.

20. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

i have big question will they continue our subscription??
    3 months and i didnot built game