Full Haptic Feedback In Ios - Including Saveable Settings Button

Discussion in 'Promotional' started by appdemon, Jun 20, 2019.

1. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

Hi All,

Get Haptic Feedback in all of your iOS games and boost your retention for just £40!

The package includes:

• Haptics Plugin Files
    • Documentation
    • Example Buildbox 2.3.8 Project & Xcode Export
    • Example Buildbox 3d Project & Xcode Export

Download via this link:
    https://app.simplegoods.co/i/JUQUDRMN

The implementation allows you to do the following,

- Apply Haptic Feedback on Death

- Apply a Delayed Feedback on entering any UI screen. (can be used to highlight 3 Star achievements)

- Apply a looped feedback on entering any UI screen. (can be used to highlight a heart beat on revive screen or tapping on the main menu to enhance the animation of a button or bouncing of a ball)

- Enable or Disable Haptic Feedback with Save Functionality *

- Apply Haptic Feedback to UI buttons**

- Apply Haptic Feedback on Collision, Points, Coins***

* If the haptics have been turned off it will require two presses to enable since there is a change in UI Screen in order to accomplish the image change, hopefully the team implement multiple custom buttons per scene!

** This requires sacrificing a Custom Button in the given UI Screen, and since you can only use one custom button per scene this needs to be stretched over the selected buttons.

*** If you want to have feedback on collision with other physics objects, then you need to sacrifice either coins or points and apply the coin or point to the collision object either using an action in 2.3.8 or a node in 3d.

Built and tested on Buildbox 2.3.8 and Buildbox 3.0.0

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    Jaro, Vikas and TheGameAppStudio like this.
  2. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

appdemon likes this.
  3. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

@TheGameAppStudio Hey that's an interesting game, and I like the haptics in there.

While haptic feedback provides a psychological trigger that makes players feel good as they play and in turn improve retention, there are also players that turn it off immediately, primarily to conserve battery power. In order to keep hold of these users its imperative to add a settings button to allow them to do this. ;)

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  4. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Thank you and am glad you like it :) .Yes haptic is quiet interesting.Anyhow thanks for the suggestion. Keeping fingers crossed for your tutorial.

5. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Any comments about this offer ??

6. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

Hey @Jaro if you have any questions feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to go through the in's and out's with you.

I've tried to make the documentation as thorough as possible, to ensure that everything is explained, you wouldn't need any prior coding experience, and the only prerequisites would be the ability to navigate XCode's files, for example locating the AppDelegate and AdIntegrator files, everything else is explained from preparing your Buildbox project to the precise locations at which you must copy and paste lines of code. Furthermore if you stick to my naming convention in your Buildbox project you wouldn't need to do anything other than copy and paste information, it's that simple ;)

7. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Hi @appdemon.
    My game is already in the final stage but the haptic feedback is this I would like to use in several places. Can you explain to me what it means: Furthermore if you stick to my naming convention in your Buildbox project....
    Thanks

8. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

@Jaro Sure, you need to prepare your Buildbox project so that things make sense when you add haptic feedback to it in XCode, you'll need to use different scene names for different haptic responses, for example in the menu you might want a ball bouncing and a looped haptic feedback that syncs with each bounce, and in the game scene you may want feedback on every coin and point collected and the gameover scene has feedback to indicate death, you need to name these UI scenes uniquely so the required feedback only appears when the respective UI scene loads. In the package you will also have access to a complete Buildbox example including the XCode file, if you were to copy the names of the scenes in the Buildbox project, for example "MAINMENU" for the main menu ui scene and "GAMEOVER" for the gameover ui scene etc, then all you need to do is simply copy and paste the required code from the example XCode export over into your XCode export (referring to the documentation provided for locations) and you'll be all set up! :)

9. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Thanks for the clarification. I checked again and I see that it was tested on 2.3.8. I'm still at 2.3.7. I do not want to update BB at this time before publishing. Do you think there will be no problems on the older version ??

10. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

@Jaro I just did a quick test for you and v2.3.7 works great, however Custom Buttons were introduced in v2.3.8 so with your current version you cannot create a settings button, or feedback on UI button press, you can simulate UI button haptics by triggering a feedback every time a scene loaded for key buttons like play, settings etc, and you can simply add the settings button in when you're ready to update Buildbox. :)

11. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

At the moment I am only interested in adding haptic on death to my game, so I understand that for 2.3.7 it will not be a problem.

12. appdemon

appdemon Boxer

@Jaro Haptics on death work just fine, however I'd like to point out that I use a UI scene change to trigger haptic feedback on death so if there is a game over delay you can do two things, both would require you to switch to the game over scene immediately on death, for one you could use the open animation on the game over ui to create a sense of delay, or you could clone your game ui and use a time based redirect to switch to your game over ui.

13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

A single custom button works just fine in 2.3.7.
    You can now have multiple custom buttons since 2.3.8 and differentiate them by name much the same as you would screenOnEnter.

Jaro likes this.
  14. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Yes, I have it set. Game over delay on 0.75 and connected to game over UI

@AaroArts many thanks