Buildbox 3 Official Release [3.0.0.3105] - Black Screen When Run On Device

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by itzonator, Jun 20, 2019.

1. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hey boxers,

When working on old projects made with RC1 and RC2 with BuildBox 3105, or even when I start a blank BB3 (official release 3105) project, I see black screen on game load.. the game is playing, but the black screen is covering the whole game area. I basically do not have a visual over the gameplay. What might be causing this?

On BB3 previewer I preview the game in BB3 official release and it loads well, but when export the project and run on device -> black screen.

Does anyone experiences this and what asset is causing or triggers this black screen in the game?

@NikRudenko

Thanks,
    Itzo

2. Amorosso

Amorosso Boxer

Did you ever get an answer on this? I"m having the same issue

3. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Nope, some asset or library is causing this, it's hard to catch, because it does not crash and it's running well on Buildbox Previewer.

4. Amorosso

Amorosso Boxer

Thank you. See with me it's a black screen as soon as I hit preview. But if I go to selected preview it works fine... I'm very new to BB

5. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Yes, I know, when export the project and test on device, black screen on game start. When hit preview in BB is showing well, can't tell exactly what's causing this.

If you want to bypass this issue, you have to downgrade Buildbox version. If you use Buildbox 3.0 RC2, you'll export the project without black screen issue, but if you have LIGHTS and some of the newest BB3 features into your game, they may not work properly with RC2.

You can find the RC2 in Official Release section in this forum and backup your BB3 file before doing so.

:)

6. Amorosso

Amorosso Boxer

THank you. yeah no even in BB it shows black screen. But preview select than it's ok. Xcode black screen. I'm using BB 2.3.8 I've asked BB with no luck as of yet as well.

7. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

If you are having issues, it is best to contact support@buildbox.com and send them the BBDoc, as well as the issue that is happening. This way they will be able to narrow down the issue and get it fixed/find the problem.

8. Amorosso

Amorosso Boxer

Thank you, I did earlier today but not with the BBDoc... Thank you

9. Amorosso

Amorosso Boxer

I had to dive more into it myself. Turns out because of my BB plan I only have one world. And the apps I'm trying to open have more than one. So I removed those worlds, relink them and it works fine for what it is. Food for thought.

10. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@Josh (Tekanology)

Well, this issue is with almost every project I have worked with BB3 official release. This issue does not happen with just 1 project, but with ALL. I found that even exporting the BB3 game presets without any changes to them via Xcode and run those presents on device, I still get black screen. So I do not need to send the code for this. The presets are available to anyone.

I am puzzled why nobody Brough this up since the official release of BB3. I saw this on day 1.

To reproduce the issue:
    1. Open BB3 official release
    2. Choose a game preset
    3. Export to iOS
    4. Open Xcode
    5. Connect iPhone device or whatever Apple device you have
    6. Let the build install on device
    7. Run
    8. Black Screen :)

11. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hi there :) So I think I know the issue here, which device were you attempting this with? We had an issue on iOS with some older devices that we fixed for the next build we're releasing (not all devices fyi). Shoot me an email at sean@buildbox.com or DM me and I'll confirm with you ;)

12. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hey Sean, good to see you here :)

iPhone 6+, yes, it's quite an old device, but I am using the latest iOS version (12.3.1)

@Sean Buildbox, what about Ads in BB3, any progress on that too :)

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  13. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Yes, we have a fix for the iPhone 6+ and the other older iOS devices seeing this coming shortly.

Easier Ad implementation in BB3 is one of our highest priorities right now, it's still in progress currently.

viking and itzonator like this.
  14. Ian Chaffardet

Ian Chaffardet Boxer

I'm having this exact same issue, Xcode does build the game but it goes to a black screen after the Buildbox logo. I tried with every single template and I'm getting the same issue.
    I do see a lot of errors when building, but this building the templates not making a single change to the templates.
    I'm on the plus membership.
    These are my specs.
    MacBook Pro 16.1
    Catalina 10.15.6
    Xcode 11.7
    iPhone 11 Pro max IOS13.7

Thanks