Ai In Buildbox

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by patostar, Jun 19, 2019.

1. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

When are we gonna have AI in Buildbox? It's a very important feature to have, to make enemies follow the character or attack when the character comes near them etc...

2. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

this is only thing I am waiting, 40 years old games have AI, and this in this time they hadnot eny good engines :D :D
    please @Sean Buildbox
    @TreySmith
    @NikRudenko

patostar likes this.
  3. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

Im sure it could be scripted...or maybe it is or will be in one of those processing nodes.

it should be as simple as an object waking up based on distance and the accelerate or move towards actors X/Y position at speed X. this is also good to have an object or enemy fire at the actor...making for what appears to be an AI moving towards...pausing and then firing towards actor. "relative to scene or actor stuff.

I might add that an option to create drag would be good as well so if actor is moved, the object or enemy would slightly curve and arc around to change back towards actor. One might even call it the actors persoanl gravity field...like a black hole around the actor.....its a basic expression in GameSalad...it would be a good function for BB

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    patostar likes this.
  4. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

Does BB3 have raycasting ???

5. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

@wayne_martell Not really. I recall something in the API but it only ever returned a boolean for me. So nothing to the level you would need.

patostar likes this.
  6. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

That's a must have for AI enemies :(

patostar likes this.
  7. JSeeger6

JSeeger6 Avid Boxer

Any update on this? Can we import trained AI assets from Blender, Python, etc.?