Buildbox Acquired By Apponboard. Congratulations!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by weboha, Jun 13, 2019.

1. weboha

weboha Avid Boxer

I love playing game but I am not developer. I decided to make games last year and I don't know coding.
    BB help me a lot on this, and I think this acquired will be good for us. we want more powerful bb :)

Congratulations Buildbox team :)

2. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

It would be nice as BB customers to have free access to AppOnBoard services :) :p -> even if BB will act "independently" but with more resources from AppOnBoard, now BB is not going to change as much, but I think with this new influence, BB will change and I hope the vision of it - will NOT.

;-)

@TreySmith and @NikRudenko have to be very careful of what control they give away during this acquisition. Even if sounds promising, the wolves in the dark are waiting for the wrong move :p

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  3. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Thanks guys! Been dying to tell you all about this as were about to vastly scale the company and improve the software. This deal is going to be great for customers.

viking, PunkPuffin, AndyG and 4 others like this.
  4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Great news! So the first question - when will we start to see these improvements added to the software? And anything that makes building an app pain free is always welcome! haha

5. DemiourgosCreations

DemiourgosCreations Boxer

Any hints as to what software improvements? More streamlined builds?

6. sebb121

sebb121 Boxer

This is all very exciting and can't wait to see the improvements. Are there any plans on adding new functionality to BB2?

comicsmathias and swiftcurrent like this.
  7. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hey, what's up Sebastian? Why you need more BB2 improvements for Bitnoid 2? ;-)

I hope BB3 will finally get out of beta, as this final release does not do it :p

Jaro likes this.
  8. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

- Free version of Buildbox
    - Better Android support / Ad Networks support (probably SDK / lib updates)
    - More nodes / smart assets
    - Asset Store
    - Faster updates

9. DemiourgosCreations

Thanks. I finally noticed it in the next email. I'm too impatient. ;-)

10. DemiourgosCreations

I have the Master Collection 2.0, so I'm anxious to see what expansions they're talking about. I'll just have to have some patience, I guess. Impossible! :p

11. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

I'd love to see that!

12. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Wow. This is exactly what BB needs. Having AppOnBoard teams joining in will greatly increase updates and feats. We always knew that BB was heading in the right direction and that it’s hard to instantly satisfy everyone unless you have more people involved in its development. So this solves that. Awesome. Now what I want to know is I subbed for a year, do I get access to apponboard studio premium feats or is that going to be a separate bill for me? Either way I feel like I did when my wife and I had our first baby. Excited...and nervous. Lol. Not bad nervous but nervous as in “I don’t know what’s to come but I know it’s gonna be epic.”

Good move @TreySmith and @NikRudenko

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  13. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Great news for all the Buildbox community, and congratulations for the Buildbox team, awesome work as always!

14. Tumbleweeds

Tumbleweeds Boxer

Great news! Really happy for the BuildBox team. Can't wait to see all the improvements this will add to BB3.

15. Juan

Juan Boxer

Any news on BB3 supporting ads without coding or implementing third-party mediation methods?

16. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@TreySmith & team. That's definitely a great move and big big congrats. This will certainly unlock the key to it's potential. It's not long way to see, BB in queue to standup with all those powerful tools engine

17. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

You must remember that not everyone is interested in working on BB3. You're probably too excited

18. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

And it all adds up.I used to think why all of sudden i got an email to download Apponboard months ago and this is the reason :D :p . Good Luck Buildbox Team.All the best for your future ventures @TreySmith @NikRudenko @Sean Buildbox

19. nizarawi

nizarawi Boxer

@TreySmith

ApponBoard seems to have a software a bit like Buildbox! Will they drop one of it? It seems a good news but at the same time what will happen with Buildbox short term? Should we wait before getting it? Will ApponBoard merge both softwares? Thing is I don’t want to invest time in a piece of software that will go under major changes… Did it with UDK before they went with UE4 and it’s quite a pain to start over from scratch.

20. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

AppOnboard is big with enterprise. They will keep their product for enterprise, and give tons of resources for Buildbox and the MC software. We will still run independently. It’s going to be amazing. We will FINALLY be able to do everything we wanted.

Yes!! One of the first things we are doing.

Core focus is:

- completely fix stability
    - making ads easier
    - launching free version
    - adding/redoing nodes/assets to be easier
    - documentation
    - make export easier

That’s the main first steps I’m taking. Then we will focus on console export.