How To Fix This Problem In A Pinball Game?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by fritti, Jun 12, 2019.

1. fritti

fritti Boxer

Good morning boxers,

I tried to make a pinball game, but i have the following problem:

I use the template you can find in the buildbox 2, and only to describe the default settings, you can see in my attached screenshot.

1. The ball
    2. the charakter
    3. The star

The charakter is on the bottom and kills the ball, what is set up as an wheel object.
    And now my question, how i can finish this level?

Because when i set up the star as an coin action, it doesnt work, because the ball isnt a charakter.

And i already tried to use the charakter as a ball, but then i never get the same physics for the charakter what i have for the ball before.
    That really makes me crazy, i tried many different parameters in the physics.

So how i can win this level to collect a star with the ball?

pinballgame.JPG

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Make the star a coin or point. If you are collecting coins, you could make this a point. Then use an Event Observer looking for the 1 point score on this level. Then make it direct to the 'Win' UI - which you will need to create. If you don't make a background image on the Win UI, it will overlay the game and look pretty cool.

You will need to play around with the delay condition to transfer to the win UI unless you want it to pop up immediately on collecting the star

3. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

yo should make the star a point like spicedbeangames said, added in the world then copy it add paste it in the defeat animation of the star object and make it really big. then follow the rest of the instructions above
    I added a zip of a .bbdoc for you

Attached Files:

4. fritti

fritti Boxer

Thanks, and yes i already know that, but i can't pick it, because the default ball from the Game template isn't a charakter.You can pick only the star when the ball is a charakter!
    And when i setup my charakter as the ball, then i can't get the same physics for my charakter to use it as a ball.
    So my question is again:

How i can pick the star, what is already a coin or a point action, with the ball, and the ball isn't a charakter!

5. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

check the file I attached. it works.

6. fritti

fritti Boxer

thank you very much, i see that it works.And now i builded exactly the UIs in my Game like you, but the star still isnt cachable.
    How you did dropped the action in the scene?Because i cant find this part anywhere.I just builded the UIs same like in youre file.

7. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

You should read my first comment more carefully. First you make the star action a point, you add it in your scene, you copy it with ctrl+c you go to the defeated animation of the star object and paste there. make it vary large and invisible. This object you drop in your scene.

8. fritti

fritti Boxer

Yes i already got it, thank you so much for youre help ;-)

9. fritti

fritti Boxer

Maybe you can tell me, what i have to do, to enter the 2nd level from the "win" UI, how to create and connect these UIs that would be great ;-)

10. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer