Buildbox 3 Release Is Here, But!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by imonedesign, May 23, 2019.

1. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Looks like a Forced release to me. Due to immense amount of Pressure from us they had to release something!! Its our fault !!!!

nyamuk91 likes this.
  2. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

Where the great big launch isn't this suppose to be the final version I've waited nearly 2 Yrs for this. Where's Trent he's MIA at least put out something to get people interested or even explain what has happened at least give us some answers. And how the hell are we going to use this if you don't put out tutorials like you did in BB2 I can't even make a simple platformer. At the very least make some games example we can look at so we can figure it out for our self. We made help !

3. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Boxer

I'll be honest, after purchasing Master Collection in December 2017, I had hoped that things would have been further along.
    I have chosen to go back to other game development tools as this looks like this is going to be drawn out and potentially quite painful. I hope that fixes to a lot of the issues that have been reported, and missing features (like .FBX) arrive sooner than later. And we haven't even started talking about all the other products that some of us have shelled out substantial amounts of money for (i.e. Voxelbox et al).

I really, really, REALLY want to see this product take the world by storm, but it has been a series of letdowns so far. I'll just have to pop in periodically and hope that there is more progress in the months ahead.

Brandon Humfleet likes this.
  4. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

I spent around 200 dollars for BB3 when the beta came out because that was the software I was interested in and I have only used it a handful of times and for those times used it was only for a little bit. I mainly just used it when a new release came out. -Open BB3- "Alright cool new release maybe it will be non-coder friendly now... Nope okay" -Exits software-.

Honestly, the release is a disappointment but I at least would have been happy if the documentation was updated for js but even that didn't happen. Do you know how frustrating it is to write a line of code from documentation and get an error? Pretty dang frustrating...

But yeah spend 200 dollars for nothing so far and my sub is about halfway over too... kind of a waste so far.

APP-STOLZ and PunkPuffin like this.
  5. steves

steves Boxer

can you suspend your product and re-enable later on?? Cause i would love to wait until it was stable then start using it instead of waiting and wasting my hard earned cash on something this buggy...

thatguyminib likes this.
  6. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

This would be awesome cause I have basically wasted half my yearly sub for nothing...

7. Mancha

Mancha Boxer

@Josh (Tekanology) I have found that the errors I receive during testing on devices go away when I disable sound effects and music. Hope this helps the tech team resolve these bugs, so we can start getting games out there.

8. Mancha

Mancha Boxer

Are we going to get a response from the Buildbox team or not?

9. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Please send the details on what you are seeing regarding the sound effects and music over to support@buildbox.com if you have not already, I will ensure we get you an answer for your issue. It's not occurring to all exports so will need to isolate the variables to see what specifically is happening in this case