Connect powerup and it disappears

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Perry, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Perry

Perry Avid Boxer

Nice to see my original post was deleted. Would love to know why.

Anyway. I am having an issue where when I try to attach a powerup to a moving object, it disappears. The item is there, and moves along with the platform, and can be picked up, but it is not visible.

Any ideas?

2. darren

darren Avid Boxer

i didn't know you could attached a power up to a moving object. is it hidden at the bottom of z space

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Not sure what happened, maybe new forum gremlins. I don't see any record of a deleted post. We're fairly laid back around here.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  4. Perry

Perry Avid Boxer

Not sure Andy. It was there for about half hour, then gone. Oh well.

darren, I'm honestly not sure if it can be done. Here is a pic below of what I am trying to do. I want the yellowish Coin to travel down with the platform. I can connect it, which is great, however when I preview the level, it's not there. My guy can totally grab it though where it should be and he gets the coins.

[​IMG]

5. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

@Perry This is absolutely possible to do, I have done it myself in many games. You can even apply a transform logic effect to an object and the linked powerup will follow along... My first guess without seeing the bbdoc is to check that the object you've linked your action from has the scale set to a normal 1, 1 size. If you need to rescale the object do it in your graphic editing software before you import. There is a known bug that if you adjust the scale or rotation on an object, any powerup attached to it can display pretty funky.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Perry and Sean Buildbox like this.
  6. Perry

Perry Avid Boxer

That is most likely my problem then. Thank you very much stevinz!!