New Assets.

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, May 23, 2019.

1. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

2. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

Nick what is the official version number of today's release there seems to be a bit of confusion if it's out I have Version 3.0.0 B# 3049

3. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

its most stable version for me and got no crash while working with bb2 games.

when you're guys going to enable ads settings for bb3?

4. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

3.0.0.3105 (aka Build #3105)

Thanks. Right now you can work via AdIntegrator. But now it is a good time to make Ads Integration way more easier and robust. So we working on it and got some progress. We will share some details soon.

5. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

can we have some vid tutorial on 'AdIntegrator' how it works with chartboost and admob?
    tell zack to make some tuts on 'AdIntegrator' as well.

6. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

There are already tutorials on using the adIntegrator as it's been in use since BB 2.3.5

Bilz636 likes this.
  7. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

can you share link?

patostar likes this.
  8. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

9. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

what about the ability to unlock new characters with coins? I don't see coins I only see points.
    Some power ups would be nice too.
    Also some particles.
    essential elements needed in every game.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    imonedesign likes this.
  10. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

Great update, BB3 is looking really good! Loving using it - one side note, some of my 3d objects look really glitched in the official release of BB3, looks like they haven't loaded in properly of some setting have changed... Is anyone else having this issue or does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Looks fine in Buildbox and then when I preview the game it just looks really glitched and parts of the 3D objects are missing :(

11. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Cool! That is great news! and will you have the same variety that you had in Buildbox 2 Like chartboost, Applovin, Admob etc?? Thank you!

12. mshuraih

mshuraih Boxer

@Nik - One feature me and others were waiting for in BB3 still not implemented - the unlock button in the UI level does not generate connection node - in BB2 that the way we built different levels where we unlock each level after complete the previous one - I am not sure if that is something can be done in different way in BB3. But seemed to me the way it worked in BB2 its easy straight fwd.
    we can build one world game play in BB3 that can start randomly at different scenes but if we can have ability to lock and unlock worlds the game can grow to much more story line type
    thanks

13. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

i really don't understand how are these smart Assets at all. Such as Obstacle Dynamic is just a cube with Physics on as Dynamic. What smart in it i don't know.

Rattlehead, PunkPuffin and nyamuk91 like this.
  14. Brandon Humfleet

Brandon Humfleet Boxer

@landofgreendev
    i did notice if you use png with a transparent background, it has some problems drawing your 3d objects, the way around this i found was to put in a solid color in the background like a gray or black.

15. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Mine still aren't showing up.

16. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Glad it didnt :p

spicedbeangames likes this.
  17. nyamuk91

nyamuk91 Boxer

I just realized that some of the old smart assets aren't even updated. I mean, Coin, one of the most important parts of a game, still using "this.scene().addScorePoint( amount )" in the "final" release instead of whatever the setter method for "coin" is (if there even any). I love Buildbox but man, this will surely make me re-think about continuing my subscription o_O. My suggestion is, Buildbox 3 should be made free/cheaper for a while until it is finally ready to be sold as a premium product. At the current state, I can guarantee a lot of people will be disappointed.

18. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

In a sense, I am happy with this situation because it forces me to learn more coding and go to, for example, unity. I love Buildbox, the forum and the whole environment, but everything has its limits

19. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

I mean, I get that people who don't think or even know about game development efficiencies won't care so it's not a huge issue, but at the same time BB3 will be scrutinized heavily by experienced game developers. It's just growing pains though. It's the first release of a new software. I doubt they ignore fixing things that just take a bit of reorganizing.

20. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

Thanks! I'll have a go :)