*please Help* Heyzap Applovin, Android Studio, Mediation Issues.

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Ejaz Wali Khan, May 18, 2019.

1. Ejaz Wali Khan

Ejaz Wali Khan Boxer

Hey boxers, i am facing issues with my apploving mediation on android studio, basically the main problem is that the extention of the sdk that i am downloading is .aar, while as per a tutorial i watched it should be .Jar in order to be detected by Android studio, and when i test the mediation in my game the apploving is turned off. I have tried converting the .aar file to jar but nothing, i am stuck on this perticular issue from last 2 weeks, i did email the buildbox support but they did respond, please help me i really need to get this thing done. Thankyou so much.
    Link to the tutorial is here :

Attached Files:

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

It strikes me as odd why BB support wouldnt reply. Which version of BB are you using? Is it 2.3.3?

SJO and Ejaz Wali Khan like this.
  3. Ejaz Wali Khan

Ejaz Wali Khan Boxer

Sir i am using the latest version of BB which is 2.3.7.0, i know the issue the thing is that am not able to find the solution, i need to know how do we use .aar files in android studio.

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Check out this video. It's 30 minutes but you can skip to the part that's relevant to you. All the current BB tutorials are way out of date now for exporting, especially when it comes to advertising SDKs as all have changed since the new EU rules surrounding it and Applovin is now part of Fyber. Failing that, just search on YouTube and have a look until you find what works.

5. Appossible

Appossible Avid Boxer

dependencies {
    compile(name: 'sdk'sName', ext: 'aar')
    }

To use .aar file,
    Input this line in build.gradle

and drag and drop the .aar file into libs folder

Ejaz Wali Khan likes this.
  6. Appossible

Appossible Avid Boxer

Don't bother with the bb support, they would treat you as a senior developer. Or would say "please hire a programmer for yourself". LOL

7. Ejaz Wali Khan

Ejaz Wali Khan Boxer

Thanks a lot sir let me try this out

8. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hey, download AppLovin' jar from here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/third-party-sdk/android_applovin_9.1.3/applovin-sdk-9.1.3.aar (latest as of this week)

When you add this into the project app->libs folder, no need to convert anything, basically .aar is improved version of .jars.

I have tested this myself with Applovin and it works. I am exporting with BB2 (2.3.8, build 2508) -> it has updated Admob SDKs and it works like a charm for Android exports.

9. SJO

SJO Boxer

I had a problem with ads and emailed support. Two months later, no answer. I'm making my app premium.

10. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

I think they are working on an Ad solution for BB3 and "soon" to be released. How soon, I do not know?
    Major drawback due to ad implementation with those custom options. It's better to have it like BB2 ;-)

Custom options are good, but they should be optional.

11. SJO

SJO Boxer

I guarantee it won't work.