Publisher Skype Call

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by chrissy_wissy2, Mar 15, 2019.

1. chrissy_wissy2

chrissy_wissy2 Avid Boxer

Hi all

I have a Skype call with a well known publisher later today regarding a game I am in the process of developing.

Does anybody have any experience of the process and how it all works? Who calls who via Skype? Do they contact you before they do so? Also what type of questions are normally asked?

Thank you

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

If you've made an appointment they will call you - just make sure you are available a few minutes before. So they know you are online and ready.

They will talk about you, how the process works, explain the contract, what they expect if you do get a game published and much more. Just show that you are keen and 247 focused on developing games and that you understand the hyper casual market, or at least listen to what they want.

chrissy_wissy2 likes this.
  3. chrissy_wissy2

Thanks a lot mate

spicedbeangames likes this.
  4. spicedbeangames

No worries. Good luck. Just make sure you are totally positive etc, so they trust you will deliver.

5. imonedesign

imonedesign Boxer

Hi Chrissy, How the call went? I'm also waiting for a call form a publisher and I want to know about your experience if possible.

6. chrissy_wissy2

Hi there, it went well until I mentioned the word Buildbox. I guess some publishers do not take buildbox games but that will not stop us boxers. Good luck with the call, the publishers I spoke to were really friendly, they told me what the company was about, their history and more but they want games made with unity. Good luck with your call, let us know how you get on. Like @spicedbeangames says just be yourself and show willingness. Even if you do not get a deal, it’s a good experience for the future!

imonedesign likes this.
  7. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

i can already guess who those publishers are ;) .. Bro .. try appsolute games.

8. spicedbeangames

Theres nothing stopping you making prototypes in BB then if it works out, getting it made in unity

9. imonedesign

imonedesign Boxer

Thank you @chrissy_wissy2 for your support, and like @spicedbeangames said, we can always make prototypes and if a publisher like it and the only things stopping them is the fact that it's made using Buildbox then it will be no problem making it with Unity, I'm sure this will change anyway after the release of BB3 :)

10. Maria

Maria Boxer

I was contacted by a publisher as well last year, unfortunately the person I had talk to, had resign from the company. Same experience, they are looking for a game made in unity. I'm no a coder, just know a thing or two and know how to implement or add SDK's based on documentations/guides. But still here I am making games and learning. Hopefully what publisher is looking will be address soon on BB3 or I hope on BB2 2.3.8. Goodluck to all of us boxers!

11. Nongpok Thokchom

Nongpok Thokchom Boxer