Buildbox Release Date

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Reverse Studios, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Reverse Studios

Reverse Studios Boxer

This whole situation is tarnishing the reputation of Buildbox(Which is a great company) we would like to hear from @TreySmith about the plans regarding Buildbox release

rizwanashraf likes this.
  2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Trey hasn't been active on here for ages, which is a pity.

3. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Agree with this comment completely.

My 2 cents -
    In the past Ive been critical of how things have been handled with BB3. As of late, I don't waste my time, energy, disappointment, or voice on this topic. I've realized that it is what it is and my disappointment isn't going to change anything. Let it go, move on, and when it arrives, awesome, but until then I keep working.
    I get it, in some cases peoples business depends on BB, so it is hard to just let this go. In that case I suggest you keep producing in BB2. 2D games continue to be popular and continue to bring in revenue. If your mind is stuck with wanting 3D then produce as far as you can in BB3, make several projects if you desire, have them all ready and staged for the features and things you are waiting for in BB3. But if it is revenue you need from your games then you need to keep producing in BB2, which is still viable and very feasible. I currently have a 2D game that will be starting retention testing with Appsolute, so I know 2D games are considered by publishers and continue to be possible revenue streams. So why not continue your efforts in this direction and stop worrying about BB3, because worry isn't getting you anywhere.
    As a software developer, you, should be able to keep producing with your skills and tools available, currently if you are strictly a BB developer than your tool is BB2 and is what you should still be using to produce revenue.

Bilz636 and TheGameAppStudio like this.
  4. sapphiresss

sapphiresss Boxer

Just give us a roadmap and we cool. It's not that hard.

5. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

There definitely needs to be some more communication. Release was supposed to be December and we are now heading towards March.

6. Reverse Studios

Reverse Studios Boxer

@Josh (Tekanology) we are not annoyed that it’s not released we are annoyed at 0 communication regarding the release date soon isn’t enough we have been getting soo n since December we need a date or at least a road map

7. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

I can’t give you a specific date. As you can see, we realise that we can make it better for you, so we have to delay it to implement it.

8. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

I agree with you @Codifie and I believe that we would happily continue to develop in BB2 if there were consistent bug fixes and updates for it. We've been waiting for 2.3.8 for months even though they originally told us it'll be out in a week or two. It's hard to build a business with a software that you can't get consistent updates.

@Josh (Tekanology) Release date aside, you are suppose to be the middle man and provide us updates on whats going on. What can you tell us? How is the next BB2 update coming along? What will be included in the next BB3 update?

9. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I've really taken a back seat when it comes to complaining about the current state of affairs with BB. Being over promised isn't something new - but when there's a deadline that simply cannot be met, some honesty goes a long way.

The lack of activity from Trey, the radio silence on the forums with some kind of direction of what's coming up THIS month, the promised new 'Smart Assets' being added every Friday - the list does go on.

In the UK we have Brexit and the uncertainly surrounding it because the Government just haven't been clear or delivered a roadmap creates short term problems for business and for those who rely on Buildbox to make games - much like Brexit, are stuck in a limbo until SOME information is forthcoming, so we can plan our short term and perhaps long term business decisions.

10. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

We have been hearing soon longer than that.

And I agree @andre_sprs I don't think people would have to much an issue working in bb2 still if they delivered updates like they said.

Also it isn't that it is delayed that upsets everyone it's that there is literally 0 communication. None of us know what's going on and it does feel like BB is being abandoned tbh.

There is no contact with @NikRudenko or @TreySmith. There was promise of an update for 2.3.8 last September I think year and nothing and we haven't heard any word on bb3 and have been told it was going to be released in September.

It really just isn't professional. Being transparent goes a looooong way with customers especially with customers that are apart of, what once used to be a tight knit community.

Like I said if things don't change by September I will be canceling my sub.

11. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

by September? you will also be flying to Philippines then ? :p

12. thatguyminib

Why would I be flying to the Philippines then? o_O

13. sapphiresss

sapphiresss Boxer

Bumping this beacuse its important.

14. thatguyminib

They just released a blog post

15. Reverse Studios

Reverse Studios Boxer

Pull Tea likes this.
  16. Pull Tea

Pull Tea Boxer

As much as I love Buildbox and making games with it, I have to say that I felt like I'm paying too much for a software that felt very buggy, limited and rarely updated. As a coder, I bought BB Pro subscription thinking that BB3 final release was around the corner (bought this on November last year) and it was advertised that "BB3 will be released before 2019" but looks like that's not what happens lol

swiftcurrent likes this.
  17. thatguyminib

Yeah I feel the same

18. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

The subscription is for Buildbox 2, while we do understand that issues that you have found with Buildbox 3, the reason why we are late on releasing is because we want to release a product that is both easy for those who do not know how to code but limitless for those who do know how to code.
    We are not planning on releasing anything that does not meet the highest of standards.

However, I want to let you know that we are getting very close to releasing the final product

19. thatguyminib

I just like the bi weekly updates now. It is all I wanted and I am glad so far it has been happening.

20. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Sometimes Wait is gold. :)