Issue In Calculating Total Score

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Blackbird Games Studio, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Blackbird Games Studio

Blackbird Games Studio Boxer

I made a test game where I am testing a few things before creating the real game, so I created 3 worlds listed in a 'World select UI' screen and their icons are locked and gets unlocked with a specific score (Price to unlock a world is 10), and I am using the coins as the score here

Now I am checking the score using the 'Score' function for 'All' worlds, Score type is 'Coins' and Amount is 'Total' which should display the player's total score for all the worlds, now as long as the player is playing within the same world the total score is counting correctly but once the player switches or unlocks another world then the total is decreased by '10' which is the price to unlock the world

My question would be how to keep track of the actual total score after unlocking the worlds without deducting from it the price to unlock the world, my understanding if I used the 'Best' score instead of the 'Total' score this will give the best score the player collected before dying so it won't keep track of the total, is there a way to keep track of the player's actual total score without the deduction made to unlock the worlds?

2. Blackbird Games Studio

And is this related to the game score type in the project settings, for example what is the difference between the 'coins collected' and 'global coins' in the project settings?

3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

This is the Score Type you wish to report to the Game Center.

Regarding your score issue there are a few things you could do. You could reward points as well as coins, then use Total Points instead, or use Event Observers to display a new UI with the next Level on once Total Coins reach 10, then again at 20 etc.

4. Blackbird Games Studio