Roller Splat Inspired Bb3 Template

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by NikRudenko, Feb 26, 2019.

1. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

Hello everyone!

Just want to share one of our template that we working on and preparing for next release.
    It is inspired by RollerSplat game that I like so much.
    https://nikuploads.s3.amazonaws.com/bbdocs/RollerSplat.bbdoc

One of it's cool feature is that levels are automatically generated.
    It is not finished yet but it should not stop you from having fun with it :)

2. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Hey, @NikRudenko I just checked it out and that is some amazing work.

I got a question though. How is someone that doesn't know how to program supposed to be able to use this template?

I still feel like BB3 is all about coding now and is drifting away from the core value of what BB stood for which is a codeless game engine. Not trying to be rude or anything I am just a concerned customer. The whole reason I subbed was to use a codeless 3D engine for when I didn't want to code.

wesam_badr and TheGameAppStudio like this.
  3. NikRudenko

This is not final template. Before split BBDOC code in to nodes we are creating a 'programmer' version of it.Then we think how we can split this in to isolated nodes and use existed nodes or create new ones.

Also there is big update coming to all existed templates. We are planning to improve them and add extra polish.

4. thatguyminib

What about an update to the node system for release? Right now I feel like you need to code to be able to make a game. When I go to mess around in it, sure I can whip up the very basic of basic things using nodes, but after that, I have to dive into coding.

Would be cool if we could use nodes solely to make a game and not have to worry about ever having to write any code. Especially when most users are from BB2 where there was no code at all.

Either way, keep up the great work! Can't wait to see what release has in store.

5. weboha

weboha Avid Boxer

Roller Splat is very simple and addicted game, i played 200 levels in one day.
    we have to make games simple not complicated.
    thanks for sample @NikRudenko

6. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

@NikRudenko cheers! Looks great. If you guys are struggling to communicate to us, please reach out to members to see where and how we can help. I know you are very busy getting BB3 up and running but you must understand the frustrations when no one speaks or keeps us all 'boxing'.

7. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

So much Coding .... Scary

bmsingha likes this.
  8. NikRudenko

We having couple more big features that aimed to non coders in the next release.
    Before we can do fully non-code way we have to build a good and flexible platform and only then on top of that we can bring non coding experience to the masses.

9. thatguyminib

Great to hear. Will we be still able to do 99% of things without coding when BB3 officially releases? I do remember Trey stating this in a video somewhere.

10. Steddyman

Steddyman Boxer

Nice. I am using a similar seeded random number generator for my BB3 game so the levels are the same for everyone.

11. NikRudenko

That is our goal.

12. Tonyfisher6379

Tonyfisher6379 Boxer

Thanks for the hard work Nik. It's much appreciated.