Latest Mindmap

Discussion in 'Level Design' started by Codifie, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

This mind map is giving me a headache. So glad this game is nearly complete!
    [​IMG]

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

:D:D:D a new game - connect the nodes!

Codifie likes this.
  3. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Yeah, this one is intended for a publisher and all the little add-ins for them is killing me. Like I said, just about done with it, beta testers are using it now so hopefully I am in the final mile now.

4. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Wow! This made me dizzy!

5. ditaz1999

ditaz1999 Boxer

Man ! Looks like you put lot of efforts. Amazing !
    but, why so much nodes? how many levels in this game?
    I am looking forward to play game when ready for public :)

6. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

That’s huge!
    Looking forward to seeing the game.

7. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

It has 125 levels, but each level is a world. Using the technique that I used, it allows the game to always remember where the player left off, it also allows for unique character opening scene animations at the Level opening sequence. Everything is fed from one main menu, with the Play buttons stacked on each other in reverse order using Lock Buttons, this allows the game to always remember where the player left off at and where to start.
    There is also 125 additional worlds that are used for achievements. this was done for a couple of reasons, first the way I did things and the hacks I came up with caused the game sound to play through the Level menus when you put the game in the background when stopping at a level Menu and then returning to the game. The second reason is because the game is some what fast paced, so this gives the player a clear picture of completing the level and awarded a badge, the third reason is because the publisher wants it. I used worlds instead of strictly UI's for this method because again due to some of the hacks I am using.
    The game is super unique, not a typical hyper-casual game, but still in that genre. Simon Crack from Dead Cool Games, who has been a huge help in this project, fondly calls it "quirky". It has a pretty addictive gameplay, very simple, just a one tap game.
    It took me about 6 weeks, including the polishing, which took about 2 weeks of the 6 weeks.
    I'm excited to get it behind me. Originally I was working on a 3D project, a totally different type of game, but ran into some brick walls with missing features in BB3, so then I started developing it in Unity when my wife gave me this current idea that I knew would be simple to bang out in BB2/

8. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Sounds awesome.
    Will you be uploading a preview soon?
    Keep up the good work.

9. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Right now I am not able to post a preview until all of the negotiations are completed, but I promise I will once I can.

10. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Looking forward.I felt suffocated looking at the mind map :p Lots of sacrifices and patience.May this hard work reaps a good fortune.

ditaz1999 likes this.
  11. Vishal Tyagi

Vishal Tyagi Boxer

Can you explain what does it mean ?
    I mean are you saying that this menu is same as snake vs block . Like when player completes the level and then come back to main menu and then start next level.
    I want this.. is this possible with BB2..?

12. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

That is exactly what it does.
    Each level has to be a separate world, and each Level world also has its own menu, but the game over UI redirects the user back to the main menu if they lose, Restart directs them back to the Level Menu, if they win there is an event observer in the Level World UI that redirects them to the next level. At each Level menu have a Play button that is a Lock button and have the unlock for that button on the Level Main Menu. Now reverse stack the Play Lock buttons on the Game Main Menu, but make sure you place a unlock for the Level 1 Play Lock button on the Main Menu as well. Also have the Level Unlock on the Level Menu, this can be used for 2 things, unlocks the Play Lock button and most importantly is used for a Skip Level button placed on the previous level Game Over UI. So if user skips level 11, they goto level 12 and it is automatically unlocked as well as unlocking the Main Menu Lock button.
    Hope this makes sense, difficult to explain. but actually pretty easy once you figure out all the logistics.
    It is possible with BB2, that's what I used.

13. Vishal Tyagi

Vishal Tyagi Boxer

Great. You gave the perfect explanation. Littel bit confusing but i got it . Thanks buddy.

14. Vishal Tyagi

Vishal Tyagi Boxer

Actually i did it . I stacked lock buttons in reverse order but it did not work. I don't know why . Am using 2.3.3

15. Vishal Tyagi

Vishal Tyagi Boxer

Oh okk . Its done.. i thing was missing . Uncheck 'block touch through' is required.
    Thanks bro .

16. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Awsome !!!! :):):)

17. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  18. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

19. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Actually, I was wrong, retention test started last night at 7:30pm EST.

There is a small bug, probably only noticeable by me until I say it here. I am reporting it to Support as well.
    Currently in Buildbox 2.37 the Game Services update is only triggered by hitting the Game Over UI. This is a problem, the Game Services should be triggered to update any time a Menu UI screen is presented. I presume this is due to the lack of Buildbox event handler system, needs more triggers rather than just Game Start and Game Over.
    Anyways, the current situation is that the players score will not get updated until they die and progress one more time. This means that if you play 10 levels, never die, and exit game from menu UI and never go to the Game Over UI, the players score is never recorded. But if the player dies, goes to the Gamer Over UI, score is recorded.
    This really should not be the case and needs fixed in any future releases of Buildbox and probably should be investigated with Buildbox 3 as well.

EDIT:
    Shame on me for failing to mention that since it is in retention phase, play the crap out off it!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/plug-it/id1449035421?ls=1&mt=8

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  20. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

just tested. for 25 levels I needed less than 15 minutes. very easy game ( too easy maybe). no adds ? anyway is nice