Buildbox 3 Timeline

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Codifie, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

@NikRudenko
    @TreySmith

I have some concerns about the timeline and features originally posted back in September. I realize priorities change, but after all of the hoopla we experienced back then I think these features were key and important enough that they were posted. You can see the original post below from
    @TreySmith

------------------------------------
    "In Buildbox 3.0, we're going to have a specific section for major publishers where you can find checklists, SDKs, and plugins that they require.

For instance, Voodoo's section, you'll be able to install any SDK that isn't natively shipped with Buildbox 3, enter in all your API keys in the same place, and also see a checklist from them on what they want to see in your game. They'll be helping us build out this section. (We're even discussing if there is a sensible way to send a video - or eventually the game itself - directly from the software).

THE TIMELINES

We were planning to bring the first publisher section (Voodoo) in for Buildbox 3.0 Beta 3, but I just talked to Nik and he said we can boost this up to Buildbox 3.0 Beta 2.5. I'm having my final conversation with Voodoo on what specifically they want inside of this section next week, and I believe we will have Beta 2.5 ready to ship in about 2 weeks. This will include path, android, voodoo integration, and tons of fixes/improvements."
    Sep 20, 2018
    -------------------------------------

So far none of this has been implemented and it seems the discussion on it has faded away. I believe these comments were made due to the issues we are having submitting BB2 projects to publishers and without these key features we will have the same issues with BB3.
    Can you update us on these features please?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
  2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I do echo some concerns but I also have faith that behind the scenes they are all working hard to reach the final destination. Things get promised and sometimes deadlines have to move as priorities change. I'm hoping that by bringing in 2d elements, it shouldnt be too challenging to convert them to work with 3d - giving us more options to do stuff with.

Voodoo won't touch BB games right now as they can't add their SDK but there's ways to do it if you hire a programmer. Of course the BB team will also pull out all the stops to help you across the line to get published.

Fingers crossed that the final release will include many new features and functions that are missing.

3. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I am a programmer, at this very moment manually putting their SDK in is not the answer, since this would have to be done for each and every publisher during the submission process. Just not a realistic approach, but could be made easier by the BB team, which is what I think Trey was referring to. Right now in other engines it is simple to add different PSDKs for each publisher, this is what I am hoping for with BB3.

I agree, as I stated, priorities change, and I am with you on keeping fingers crossed. I am sure the BB team is working hard, I would just like to make sure these things have not fallen to the wayside, especially since they were targeted for v2.5.

4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I imagine they are going to try and figure out a way how WE can add the PSDKs instead of relying on the BB team. Otherwise, if urgent changes are needed or made to the PSDK, we wont be in a position to include it until it gets updated server side. It needs to be something along the lines of Unity where you just add your SDKs and build your APK or iOS which would be ideal really.

Also, when you are using a publisher, you can't really use several different publisher kits in your build - only the one you are working with. Of course, if Publisher A doesnt publish your game, then you can remove their PSDK and use the next publishers. A pain in the rear but it's not like its something done daily.

5. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Yep, that is exactly my point, having multiple builds for each publisher is a pain, much easier if built within BB3 and it is just a simple switch and recompile. Trust me I have done the switching/copying & paste method and it is a pain and gets confusing no matter how organized I try to keep it, also an easy way to introduce bugs from one simple mistake. This get even more frustrating when each publisher also has their own plugins they want you to add.

ditaz1999 likes this.