Buildbox 3.0.0.2382 Beta

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Dec 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

Nice
    so I take it we don't have to redevelop our BB2 games for bb3? because this conversion tool will do all the work?

Because I thought I had to pretty much redo all my BB2 games from scratch.

2. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

Would you like us to send you a few of our BBDOCs? for testing with? I have a few I can send.

3. Daus

Daus Boxer

I think the Navigation Button has a problem when 'Action' is set to 'Back Jump'. I can't set the 'Back To' to anything despite having multiple worlds/UI. It worked perfectly in Buildbox 2 but not in Buildbox 3.

[​IMG]

4. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

have you tried just setting it to default and just routing the nod links?
    Thats what I do I never rely on the action defaults for navigation.

5. Daus

Daus Boxer

That works perfectly but I'm trying to keep my nodes as clean as possible. The only issue if I set it to default and route the nodes manually, it will cluster my nodes. I hope someone will fix this issue tho. Thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

6. Brandon Humfleet

Brandon Humfleet Boxer

When do you think 2.3.8 will be released? and do you know if this release will fix the laggy particles previewer?, its hard to make good particles when you can't see what they look like. Thanks

7. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

if they are releasing 3.0 this month they aren't going to continue support for 2.3

8. Brandon Humfleet

Brandon Humfleet Boxer

@SpoonCrysis That's why i was wondering, because @NikRudenko said.

9. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

interesting.
    I wonder why they are in a hurry to release 3.0 if they are still supporting 2.3

Alot of people not adopting it quick enough or will they extend support for 2.3 for the rest of the year? is that what they usually do with new releases?

10. Brandon Humfleet

Brandon Humfleet Boxer

@SpoonCrysis i am not sure i am really new to this software, but i think they are working on integrating 2.3 into 3.0 and will eventually remove 2.3 and just support 3.0 but i am still using 2.3, i am in the middle of developing 2 games with it and hope that the transfer is easy...lol

11. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

They have said on a few occasions Support for 2.3.X will continue for some time.
    @NikRudenko also said he’s working on 2.3.8 which will release sometime soon.

12. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

yeah same I have all my games in 2.3 trying to redevelop them in 3.0 if I don't have to that will be great :)

13. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Whts is the features that will come in the final version

14. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

Interesting my license information on my buildbox account now says buildbox 3 1.0 and no longer says beta. But downloaded it and it says its beta 4 so maybe not.

maybe they are preparing for the final release.

15. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

You've got this 2.3.8 update, because it's somehow related to BuildBox 3? I assume, because BB3 has a 2D component, and I believe BB2.3 and BB3.0 can work together until BB3 is finalized.

@NikRudenko what about Amazon, Windows Store, OSX and tvOS, will those exports be supported in BB3?
    Currently with BB2, we do not have TV remote controllers for tvOS, so exporting tvOS with BB2 is pointless, because it's not exactly code-less experience, as controllers have to be coded in the iOS project. It's the same thing with OSX. On OSX, in-apps are not integrated at all when exporting to OSX with BuildBox 2.3.x

For OSX exports the only option to monetize is with in-apps, since OSX does not support ads. How about that?

In opinion to make BB3 fully featured, we need Windows Store, Amazon, OSX, tvOS and probably STEAM exports available. Steam's greenlight is depreciated, but is there a work around?

@NikRudenko if Windows exports would be available in BB3, PLEASE consider supporting the FIRST MAC version of Visual Studio! It will be great for Mac users, because until now Windows apps were developed only on Windows platforms, this big change is a huge win for Mac users, if you know what I am saying. Windows Exports for Visual Studio 2015 is old and no longer reliable solution. However, Windows exports are not dead end. Do not neglect that road.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  16. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Converting some of the actions etc in BB2 into nodes would be great for BB3 and really reduce timescales for development and we can finally have a decent 'Z-axis' for 2d games allowing a true sense of parallax and depth to levels.

17. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

I would be happy with even 50% of the work done in Buildbox 3 converting my 2.3 projects any more would be awesome!! beats starting from scratch again in buildbox 3

18. dani_atrom

dani_atrom Boxer

Any chance we could see Master Collection 2.0 coming back with the release of BB3?

19. Reverse Studios

Reverse Studios Boxer

How do we send a signal from one object to another eg. when character colides with point send signal to a game manager that would display text

20. mshuraih

mshuraih Boxer

How did you add the button?!! that is very nice - that is one of the major limitations of BB3 not having buttons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.