Admob Ads In Android Not Showing In Beta Test

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by phuceh, Nov 26, 2018.

1. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

I only have Admob ads, do I need a Mediation group in Admob for these to work, and/or a campaign? I tried Mediation before and they weren't working either way. Getting increasingly frustrated with this..

2. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

I am having the same issue; ads won't show no matter what. there are lots of ad requests.

3. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

Yeah mine still aren't showing. There must be something fundamentally wrong. It might be worth starting a new thread as this one was originally for them not showing in Beta test, but the issue is more widespread now. A newer thread might gain more traction.

swiftcurrent likes this.
  4. daniel10

daniel10 Boxer

Hello All,
    I have the same issue. Ads on Android are not showing, on IOS ads are showing up ok.
    I have created a new project for testing and first time added the test id's from admob inter & banner and test ads are showing up, after i've added the provided id's that i have created 2 days ago and thay are not showing any ads. Also got the id's that i use into a different app that are ok but i got the same problem
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thank you.

5. daniel10

daniel10 Boxer

Any updates ?

6. waqas ahmed

waqas ahmed Boxer

hey man did you get any solution for ads?

7. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

@waqas ahmed the ads in my game started showing a few days ago, but I have no idea why. My game was live for maybe ten days before they started appearing. How long ago did you publish your game? Did you get the test ads working during the testing phase? Have you seen requests in your Admob account?

8. waqas ahmed

waqas ahmed Boxer

i haven't published yet just tested with dummy ads and want to publish now with original ads .. dummy ads are working but original are not

9. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

@waqas ahmed when you say you're testing, are you testing through Beta on Google Play or just copying the generated APK to your phone and installing manually?

10. waqas ahmed

waqas ahmed Boxer

just copying signed apk to mobile and testing .. not uploaded to google playstore

11. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

I'm quite sure that when I loaded the APK directly onto my phone with real Admob ads they did work - but I was careful not to click on them. There unfortunately doesn't seem to be any hard and fast rules around this, in terms of what works and doesn't as different people weirdly seem to be having different experiences. The fact that my ads took a lot longer to show than what other people have experienced might indicate a recent issue, which in turn could explain why you're not seeing ads during your testing of the APK on your phone. My advice would be that if you have seen the test ads working, and that you're careful in configuring the real Admob ad IDs within Buildbox, you should see real ads appearing eventually given enough requests - this was my experience at least where ads started to appear after ten days or so.

walidhocine likes this.
  12. abdullahshahid

abdullahshahid Boxer

I ha e same problem i have integrated admob ads in buildbox and then export the project and create apk from android studio but no ads is shown in game althought i am getting ad requests in admob account but no ad appear in my game ..... can anyone tell me that i have done everything correctly or their is some problem?

13. Gray Studio

Gray Studio Boxer

Same is happening to mee....

14. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

It happened with me a lot, but all I did was uploaded the apk to play store and the ads began to show up.

15. Nurujjaman Pollob

Nurujjaman Pollob Boxer

16. Selvamax

Selvamax Boxer

Ads not coming for me too. Did u fixed the issue?

17. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

@selamax
    if you have configured correctly on buildbox you have to wait a few hours or a day, simply google don't show ads

18. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

@Selvamax my Admob account got shut down by Google (for no reason I might add - I appealed but they just ignored me!) - so I only use Chartboost now. Sorry I can't help - hope you get it working.

19. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

@phuceh
    what do you mean? for no reason I might add, necessarily there is a reason for deactivating your account
    There are rules to follow, for example broadcasting announcements on the application without a button closed or broadcasting announcements in the middle of the game, forcing the click ...

20. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

@belmir

There was a reason but it wasn't something I had control over - they thought there was illegal download/ad clicking activity on my app because they saw a spike of $0.12(!) above the average which I had to rationalise to them - I couldn't. I was always careful to not click my own ads and friends didn't even know about this particular app yet so it couldn't have been them. I imagine it triggered an algorithm but when I appealed with analysis and attempts at rationalising the spike I was just ignored. Weirdly this happened almost to the day that I was supposed to be paid for ad revenue I had accrued. I simply don't trust Google and have read other examples of this happening. I am currently using Chartboost.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    belmir likes this.