Buildbox 3.0 Beta4

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

As a prototype sure BB3 probably faster, but making a fully polished game with all the features hyper-casual games have now Unity would be the faster way. Mainly because documentation is out there, no restrictions, plenty of tutorials and resources, and is already established.
    Not trying to promote or anything just saying BB needs to focus on the core of what BB has been and that is making polished featured games fast without coding, right now BB3 is not up to that standard but we will see this month come release.

volcank likes this.
  2. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Of course today you can't make a polished game in BB3 comparable to Unity. That is entirely a different discussion. BB3 is not yet at a level to do such a comparison.

volcank likes this.
  3. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

for certain types of games you could have a game that is more polished or similarly polished than unity in half the time.
    don't for get you can not only add code to BB3 with custom nodes you can also add additional code to Xcode or android studio after export.

But only when your talking about certain types of games if you looking at a fully custom game type that no ones done before then Unity's a more powerful engine for that because you can pretty much do anything you want in that respect. Some times ease of use in BB gets in the way, its the biggest Pro and the biggest con.

4. eliesleiman

eliesleiman Boxer

thanks for the new update
    anyone try to open on mac
    i double click it try to open and BB3 will close dose not install
    thanks

5. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Make sure your not running BB2 at the same time.

6. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

yes works fine for me

you need to copy to applications folder then run it.

7. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

even if it was open it automatically closes when you open bb3.

8. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

I think more tutorials like this would be helpful!

9. mshuraih

mshuraih Boxer

the character buttons in the UI in BB2 enable us to change character behaviors based on the touch position on the screen , not sure if that is as intuitive to do in BB3 - like a platformer character to jump or stop moving or dash if u touch either side of the screen , any ways nodes will work around that ? thanks

10. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

does any one know how to add a sound to a move node in a character?

11. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Sure, I haven't tried this, but if you're using the standard move node, it's editable. So you just need to hit the plus sign on the node to add an output, say "play" and add a sound node to that output, then in the JS in the node add a call to emitSignal('play", true);, when you want the sound to play. If you want the sound to play continuously when the player is moving, that is a lot trickier since there is no option in the sound node to loop(WHICH I REALLY WANT-pretty please BB team). What you can do as a kludge is start a timer(counter) in your Move update loop that counts (you'll just have experiment with this) up to the period of time that the sound lasts, and call the emitSignal again. Anyway, it will take some experimenting to get that right, but should work, though it's unlikely to be perfect.

12. JEO147

JEO147 Boxer

How much is BB3 going to cost once it is released?

I bought the Master Collection last December which included BB2 and BB3 Beta for free.
    BB3 beta version is currently free to BB2 subscribers (understandably until the kinks are all worked out). So now I'm wondering-- how much will I be shelling out for BB3 once it is ready?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  13. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

Can anyone explain me how to use monetisation node ?

14. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

The price wont change.

Vlad Kulikov likes this.
  15. Vlad Kulikov

Vlad Kulikov Boxer

Also would like to know.

16. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Your licence for MC2 included a lifetime subscription to both BB2 and BB3 (not just the beta).

17. JEO147

JEO147 Boxer

@AndyG I checked my old email and you're right! :)

"The Master Collection 2 is free with a full pay purchase of Buildbox 2.
    This full license gives you updates for the life of each software (i.e. you get all updates to Buildbox 2, Buildbox 3, etc)."

AndyG likes this.
  18. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

Yep I understand how the node can be customised but the problem I have is that when you look for an addtional link there i no sound option.

there is text option animation option and boolean and every other option but no sound link option.

19. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

Just curious what is the appeal for the master suite? because once they release a new version you won't get the updates any more? is it all the additional software you get with it as well? or does it work out cheaper over the long run somehow?

20. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

login in your account here https://www.buildbox.com/account/ and you will see al the softwares that you have a subscription for, every subscriber, monthly, yearly or full license will get updates during the subscription period for the softwares that was purchased.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.