Admob Ads In Android Not Showing In Beta Test

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by phuceh, Nov 26, 2018.

1. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

Hello,

I have integrated Admob apps into my Android game which I have been able to get working when I transfer a generated APK file to my phone, but they don't work when I Beta test a copy of my game through Google Play, is this normal behaviour? I am able to get the test Ids from Admob to generate Ads however.

Thanks for your time.

moord likes this.
  2. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

If test ads are working, then there's no problem with your set up. I believe since the app is new the ads in there might not show yet until there's enough people playing your game and or maybe after a day or two before they're active because of lack of ads bidding for your app (lack of fill rate) and ad networks may take time to calculate for ecpm. Other users have theorized that it takes 24-48hrs before the ad is truly active for an app that hit production.

DatumGamer and phuceh like this.
  3. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

@DariusGuerrero thanks for taking the time to reply. What you're saying makes sense, hopefully they will begin to appear a day or two after I release the app to production.

4. DariusGuerrero

You have to get a lot of people playing your app too

5. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

How many is a lot? So ads won't appear at all until a certain number of people start playing the game?

moord likes this.
  6. moord

moord Boxer

This is a general problem.؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟

7. DariusGuerrero

I'd say a hundred. That's what others on discord have said tho. I think if you got less than that you basically wont earn anything anyway. Maybe a cent or two.

Don't worry. If you got your test ads working, your real ads will work fine as well. Just have to wait.

8. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

Yeah it makes sense. Thanks a lot for your input - much appreciated.

9. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hello
    admob no working for me android bu works on ios
    i add id exactly and add admob
    and I add admob on the levels and I put axactement like the iOS version which function very well

for android studio compilation error i followed tutorial on forum to fix compilation problem so i've been generating apk since 5 days admon not showing up on my apps android stor

I use it to fix problem compilation apk

dependencies {
    implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services:11.6.0'
    implementation 'com.android.support:multidex:1.0.1'
    implementation fileTree(include: ['*.jar'], dir: 'libs')
    implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:11.6.0'
    implementation 'com.google.firebase:firebase-ads:11.6.0'
    implementation 'com.google.firebase:firebase-database:11.6.0'
    implementation 'com.google.firebase:firebase-auth:11.6.0'
    implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-auth:11.6.0'
    // More deps here //
    }

and move google()

but admob do not show help me

10. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

I would be interested to hear other people's experiences with this. I hear mixed messages about when the Ads should actually be showing. I'd configured the test Ads which did generate during the beta testing phase, but since rolling out my game to production on Sunday with genuine Admob Ad IDs, and having 5+ downloads, adverts haven't generated at all. Is this normal behaviour. @DariusGuerrero advised that typically a game would need around a hundred downloads for the Ads to appear. What do you guys think? Does this mirror your experience? I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or if I just simply need to wait. Thank you.

11. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi,If test ads are working there is no problem with your ads integration .At present admob ads shows within 24-48 hrs (i mean real ads) Previously they used to show within 10 minutes after integration .I suggest you to generate signed copy of apk and try it on real device.They are not showing real ads when debugged.This is my recent findings :p

12. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

@TheGameAppStudio thanks a lot for your response here. I remember real Ads showing when I created a signed APK through Android Studio and transferred the file to my phone (rather than releasing through a beta test) - so I'm hoping they will work. It will be 48 hours soon though. Anyway, fingers crossed!

So it seems to be time rather than the number of downloads that dictates when they start showing.

13. TheGameAppStudio

You are welcome :) .Yes its time not the downloads.

14. DariusGuerrero

Sorry @phuceh .. Yeah my first tip about 24-48hrs is legit but the number of players may not be true after all. May just be a coincidence on my part I apologize

15. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

@DariusGuerrero no problem, we're all learning and it's not clear when they trigger. Mine still aren't showing over 48 hours later so I'm not sure what to do. Hopefully they will start appearing soon.

16. TheGameAppStudio

Well check your email if you got any notification for disabling ads.They used to do it citing some policy.Its good to double check and finally send an email to admob support.

17. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

@TheGameAppStudio I haven't received any emails from them, so I'll contact support. Thanks for the idea.

UPDATE: It seems quite difficult to actually contact Admob Customer Support, so I had to send feedback instead. Hopefully they will get back to me with some news. I can see that Requests are going up under AdMob Network performance so I'm hoping that is a good sign.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
  18. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

Ads still aren't showing. Any other suggestions? I've had 262 ad requests, my account doesn't seem to be closed and I triple checked the Admob IDs and settings in the Buildbox version I exported and released to Google Play and nothing seems to be amiss. Not quite sure what to do here!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  19. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Hello is your game published on play store? I remember I had the same problem too, my ads didn't show at all, until I published it on play store then the ads began to show.

20. phuceh

phuceh Boxer

@patostar thanks for replying. Yeah it's published. Friends have downloaded it and are playing it, but ads don't appear for any of us.