Buildbox 3 - 2d Implementation

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Christoph, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If you haven't seen it already... I post it because staff has abandoned the forum completely.

What do you think?

And the millennial question: will it support BB2 bbdocs (backwards compatible)? :)

2. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

Looks good. Is this available to download now?

3. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

The staff have not abandoned the forum. I myself am Staff (as you can see by the tag) and I have never left. That being said, the others have been focused on BB3 as it will fix a lot of the issues that BB2 has. FYI you will be able to import your BBDocs from BB2 into the final release of BB3.

bmsingha and Tom King like this.
  4. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Just woke up to download and have a play - no links? Maybe later today.

5. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Trey said that it’s going to be released tomorrow.

I don’t know why but trey didn’t showcase in this video the scrollable menu, nodes related to inventory and progression system, power ups, rewards, menu and scene jump etc... it’s clearly said that’s it coming in bb3 beta 4 is it still coming...?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  6. Frederik

Frederik Boxer

Hm, dissapointed. :( Can you show us how these 'line-up perfectly' objects looks in mobile platforms in 2D? Because in BB2 we had snapping (bb3 support?) and even with that, there were 1 pixel gaps everywhere between 'perfectly aligned' objects.

7. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Yes we will have links on here by end of day.

spicedbeangames likes this.
  8. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Because Trey has a fever, and shot that video last night sick ;). Some of what you mentioned will deinftely be in there (progression elements, scene jump, health bars, I believe power ups was close to making the cut).

Development is always changing, but from what I understand they got most of what they wanted in this build.

spicedbeangames likes this.
  9. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

We’re not dealing with pixels the same way anymore in BB3 ;). You won’t have that issue.

Christoph likes this.
  10. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Has a BB member of staff confirmed this?

Will Advanced Moves be converted into nodes during import?

Either way, BB3 2D looks amazing. Good Job.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  11. wesam_badr

It was mentioned before that bb3 beta 4 is not going to be able to open bb2 files it was said that feature will have it in the final version Only if there is some changes.

I also asked Trey about if the advanced moves are going to be converted into nodes but I didn't get a direct answer I think they still think on how to solve this problem, there is paths problem and all the logics and actions that comes with bb2. also wondering how it going to be opened by bb3?

12. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

To be honest guys I feel that BB2 docs will not be able to be opened in BB3 at all. They are 2 separate engines and BB3 doesn't even use advanced moves. Also all the BB2 hacks I don't think would work with bb3. So it will either be a good while before this happens or it won't happen at all. Either way, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

13. Josh (Nology Games)

I am official staff and part of the buildbox team. My area is the forums and discord. I can 100% confirm that BBDocs from BB2 will be able to be opened in BB3. Just not the way you think. There will be a world called "Legacy worlds" or something like that. They will be where the BB2 Docs get converted to. And no, Advanced moves will not be able to turn into Nodes as that would be impossible.

14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

So what happens with advanced moves? And probably even worse, nested actions and objects? Or actions at all (since advanced moves are basically actions)?

Maybe an official staff member from Buildbox developer team can answer that.

15. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Yes, I appreciate your position.
    What I mean is if a BB member of staff from the dev team could verify this please?

I’m looking forward to learning more.

16. SAvas

SAvas Boxer

Hello there. Can an official staff answer the following questions?
    1- When will beta 4 be released?
    2- Will the advertising, level lock system, highscore features be included?
    3- How long will we wait to use them?
    4- Will the final version be published in 2019?

17. Josh (Nology Games)

The dev team has other things to work on. Trying to keep on track and all. I am here to help, when I make a statement, it will always be classed as official. I am verifying this and if you don't want to take my word then that is up to you.

Reverse Studios likes this.
  18. wesam_badr

Sorry josh but you don’t have the info we want that’s why we are asking for someone that have this info, we are not asking for some kind of feature we just curious and want to know so we can rest assured about how the convertion is going to be handled between bb2 and bb3, if you could bring us this info will be thankful.

19. Josh (Nology Games)

BB2 will be INSIDE of BB3, but only for backwards compatibility. So if they open up a BB2 game, they will literally have a special "BB2" world they will see in the game mind map. They double click this, and it will be just like working in Buildbox 2.X. It will have all the old legacy components, but no new scene editor features from 3.0 like nodes or scripting. You will be able to use the NEW 3.0 user interface screens with this though.

MattWills, AaroArts and Christoph like this.
  20. SAvas

SAvas Boxer

If you have information, why didn't you answer the 4 questions I asked above? Please answer. Thank u