Tappy Quack

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Larry Pendleton, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

Well, it's been a long time for Ultra Line Software, but we got our first game with Buildbox 2.3.7 out, and live on the store.

I am happy to share with the BuildBox community "Tappy Quack".
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ultralinesoftware.tappyquack

Tappy Quack is a colorful flappy style game, where you tap your way through 44 challenging levels, eventually facing off with "Big Boss Block" :) Don't let the colorful, cute look make you think this game is just for kids, the level design progressively starts easy to extremely challenging, but don't worry, if you reach a checkpoint, you can easily start there instead from the beginning.

Ultra Line Software is an indie game development company comprised of 2 people, myself and my artist. We have been working together for over 20 years, and have released 14 other games on the play store.

I want to thank BuildBox, BuildBox Support and community, as well as the Discord channel, for being active and providing help when needed.

Your feedback is important, please download the game, and let us know what you think!

More games to come! Happy Boxing and thanks for your support!

-Larry
    Ultra Line Software

Attached Files:

MAC420 likes this.
  2. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

I would really appreciate if someone could try the game out, and post some comments (good or bad). I know there are tons of tappy style clones, but my goal was to make mine a little more interesting by adding small snippets of dialog throughout the game, as well as provide boss fight at the end.

Thank you for your support.

-Larry

MAC420 likes this.
  3. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

I'll check it out, would like to see what you did differently compared to other games of that type. Nice list of games by the way what did you use to make those?

4. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Ok so I was going to do a review on fb of your game but, I feel I should give it more of a chance and let you know that the video button to continue from the checkpoint is not working correctly. It works the first time and then never works again. I would end up giving it a very low score cause of this. If you go back and fix this issue let me know and I will download the update and try it out again. Keep on Boxing!

5. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

@MAC420 Thank you so much for testing. I'll fix the video issue right away and update.

My artist and I made those games Unity. Unity is not bad, but I rarely use it because I am focused on Buildbox, mainly because it is far less complex than Unity.

Thanks
    -Larry

MAC420 likes this.
  6. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

Ok, version 2.1 just published. I tested to ensure the video plays on each restart from checkpoint click.

-Larry

MAC420 likes this.
  7. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Well damn that was quick

8. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Still not working on my end

9. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

That's interesting. I have tested on a Samsung Note 4, S6, Kyocera and an S8+ and all 4 phones had no issues displaying video ads multiple times in a row. I am curious what model phone you have? Are you seeing banners? Did you get a full screen interstitial after 3 deaths?

Thanks for you feedback, I really appreciate your testing this, I def want to make sure the monetization is functioning properly.

-Larry

10. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

I'll try again later on today

11. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

@MAC420 Just wondering if you have had a chance to test again?

12. Frank Forte

Frank Forte Boxer

looks kind of fun!!!!:)

13. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

@Frank Forte Thank you, it's my very first game with BB, and I thought it would be a good start for my first game, and a way to make something manageable because my company ULS consist of myself, and 1 artist. I mainly handle project management, while my superb artist makes everything look nice.

I also do this part time, as I work mon-fri at my full time job, so in between work, family and getting things done around the house, I try and put in as much time as I can for game development .

My goal was to start the player out nice and easy, and then really starting testing your reflexes as you progress (I think even my best is 39 stars, lol). It's a fun game, and I hope you enjoy it. As always, any feedback, good, bad, constructive criticism is always welcome.

-Larry