Buildbox, Issue Tracker

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Josh (Nology Games), Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

because things had to be set up in the first place. I am in contact with the tester and will be discussing at length and detail about these issues. some of them may not be a bug and it could be something else that could be causing it. the only way to do this is to check. infact, I think it may be a good idea to have BBDocs sent as well so we can see it right away.

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

well @thatguyminib this is not correct. Most of these bugs have been reported for a long time already. The ones I posted are 'pending' for months or even over a year. Heck, someone reported the iPad Camera Flash bug, ...this one was reported I think 3 years ago already and has never been taken care of.

In fact, most of the bugs I reported were sent to support@buildbox.com with an example bbdoc. So it seems @Josh (Tekanology), that this in fact hasn't been the proper way of reporting it because they never got fixed. And we never had a list like this one here where we were able to count them. I lost even track of the ones I reported...

So for me, the ones I put here are the most annoying ones, or better said, the most urgent ones. I'm aware that probably after this round of bug fixing we won't see another release. 2.3.8 might be the last for Buildbox 2. I'm cool with that if that new version won't introduce new bugs or break stuff that works now.

I just really pray to the Gods, that 2.3.8 really will come true. I really do. So a quick update what has been worked on and what action has been taken would really help to not lose faith.

thatguyminib likes this.
  3. Josh (Nology Games)

I can't speak for the past when it comes to these bugs. But I can speak for the ones I have seen, and I will change them to "listed" once I have it confirmed. Please be patient while we get this up and running.

Christoph likes this.
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok thanks Josh, do you have an ETA in mind when it comes down to the ones you have 'seen' and 'listed'? I'd love to hear you speak about that sharing with us what's happening. Otherwise from what we've experienced in the past we just will have to assume that nothing is being done or worked on unfortunately.

And yes, as you say, I don't expect you to talk about the past when you didn't had the insights. But thank God you are now here and can share with us what is happening. I'm all ear.

5. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Okay, figured this out. Not related to BB3, 100% related to Mojave & Xcode.
    I spent the last two days figuring out what is going on with these updates and the solution is amazingly silly until they fix it.
    My advice, wait a few weeks for Xcode and Mojave to do another couple releases.
    I updated early because I wanted to play with some of the goodies attached to these updates, not sure it was worth the hair pulling but the good news is BB2 and BB3 compiles nicely using Xcode 10.1 & MacOS Mojave 10.14.1

Christoph likes this.
  6. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

This is more of a feature request and may be able to do it with scripts, although I have had no luck so far using scripts, but would like to see a method for us to access SharedPlayerPreferences, which would allow us a lot more flexibility in saving player game state, achievements, progress and so much more. I personally believe this is a key for game retention due to the flexibility it offers the developer. This also solves some pesky IAP issues we have when it comes to selling certain items and not able to track and restore.

This request brings me to my next request that I have been asking for for many months, localization. Again, just need to set variables for every text string which then allows us to localize our games per country invincibly, which truly helps your product because it is in the players countries language, and allows them to choose a language. This directly ties into the above request because the language variable would be held in the SharedPlayer Preferences.

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I just got complaints in one of my recent games saying that remove ads removes as well video rewards (BB2). Hence giving a disadvantage to users who decide to remove ads.

I tested this fully back with 2.2.x and everything was working correctly. It seems since 2.3 release this is bugged. Probably because of the custom ad hook?

Hopefully this can be fixed as soon as possible. Remove ads IAP should NOT remove video rewards. It’s against industry standards and punishes users who pay.

Thanks.

AaroArts likes this.
  8. Josh (Nology Games)

like I said, I will be speaking with the tester in detail, but at the moment it needs to wait until at least monday as it is the weekend for you guys. Just so you know, I understand why everyone thinks that things are not being done but I for one am thankful that Buildbox has willingly shared as much information as they have been. I mean, I know that most the companies wont share nearly as much as what Buildbox has. if we work together then we can make things happen faster but if we only continue to want to comment on what is and isn't being done then it would only slow things down. So I would like to propose that we work together to achieve what what all want.

9. Josh (Nology Games)

This is new, but I will get this to the tester asap. Thank you for the feedback.

Christoph likes this.
  10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I’m not sure of what information being shared you are talking about because I haven’t gotten any information yet through you in the forum. Maybe you shared some privately with others?

I do agree with the working together part though which is why we actively keep sharing and giving feedback. I feel though that this has been very one-sided, since the BB TEAM unfortunately never approached me or others to work together. I am actually suggesting this for a long time now. But it has to work both ways to be successful. If you know what I mean.

11. Josh (Nology Games)

as far as the bugs, no company really shares the full details publicly.
    but we have been given notice of when to expect things, most companies will wait until its already complete before they give any dates.

I am approaching you now. I am sorry that you felt that it has been one sided but as you said:
    I am here to give you this type of thing. don't get me wrong, I will not be able to give you every detail, and the details I do give, I have to get permission before doing so. That being said, as of right now, I am here and I am not going anywhere. So if you really want to be able to work together then this is your chance.
    I do, and you need to help me help you. that is the only way it will work. Lets look towards the future and worry less about the past. The future is where our success lies.

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes. Sounds good.

And I agree. I actually don’t expect the company to share any inside information. What I do expect though as a paying customer is that the program works and bugs are getting taken care of. If bugs are getting fixed I am happy. I actually shouldn’t care about any internal stuff at all. I pay for the software not to be part of the development. Haha

I wish for all of us that this now comes true but I hope you really understand that the longer it takes the more desperate we get. If there’s no progress any and all good intentions are not worth a dime.

13. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

Thank you Josh for stepping up and donating your time to help out but I can't help but say it is a bit weird to have you buffer between BB dev team and the forum crowd.

I don't think anyone was asking for trade secrets other than a detailed road map of supposed past and future bug squashing. I REALLY hope this helps/works.

Please put controller support on the feature request, it was advertised as a feature rolling from BB1 to BB2 but then was changed to not a priority. thanks for your time and keep up the good work.

Phil H and Rebel Studios like this.
  14. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Just reported this to Support.
    If you build any Buildbox 3 game using encryption the game will not run on any device. Xcode will inform you that "Missing Start Screen". This was confirmed on every device I have and was also confirmed by Simon Crack. Encryption is not working at all!

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

2. Joystick control: the character does not stop when you release from the joystick. (Not a bug)

Can you please explain me what it is then? For me it is obviously a bug because it A) doesn't behave like you would expect for a joystick movement and B) it behaves different as when you use the joystick without direct movement. Did you guys see the provided bbdoc that I sent?

What will happen now to this point? I didn't even receive a reply to my request. It is the first point that you guys 'concluded' and you just say 'it is not a bug'? I mean how more silly can this get?

16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

In 2.3.7 when you copy objects that are linked, the connections do NOT copy. They just get left out. One more to the list. When you just hoped that things will get better new things get broken.

Probably this is why there are not more updates? Because you know that you will break more than fix??? I really want to see that things are getting better but they simply are NOT.

New bugs! Bad support. And no @Josh (Tekanology), your support is really bad. Your intentions are great, but what you are pulling off here makes me even more angry. You are dealing here with one of the saddest customers (me) and just strike one of my most important points from the list saying it is not a bug. No communication, no questions asked.

You said a few days ago that you are seeking communication but this is a monologue, not a dialogue. You are just making everything worse.

17. Josh (Nology Games)

"Under Joystick Control a Control Style field is there having two option: 1. Absolute 2. Relative.
    Change the Control Style to Absolute.

18. Josh (Nology Games)

You are quick to jump the gun, but I just explained how to fix this

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Dude this is not even the problem I described. Are you trying to make me lose control? Because you are very close to reach that goal. The bug I described is different and has nothing to do with absolute or relative. (And if it has something to do, well then this is where the bug is).

If you had opened the bbdoc I provided and really would have analyzed the problem described, then you would have seen that the example bbdoc is actuallly SET TO ABSOLUTE. lol you are just evidencing that your supposed under review is in fact just hot air as is your communication.

I mean how can you say stuff like that:

Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 9.01.51 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 9.02.29 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 9.03.45 PM.png

This is EXACTLY why I didn't want to participate in this thread in the first place. Because I knew that what you do won't end in anything. It is the exact same thing as before. Nothing is changing.

I and others simply lost once again our precious time to report bugs you guys have A) no clue about or B) are simply NOT interested in fixing it.

Why the heck do you say you are interested. Why the heck do you lie to us? And why the heck do you promise things if you do the exact opposite with the first point that you strike from the list????

And do you think I won't get pissed?

I am quick to jump the gun???? Dude, really? After waiting 1.5 month that bugs get fixed you strike the first one from the list saying it is not a bug, and then after I post bothered here you give me a solution that has nothing to do with the problem described and you say: I am quick to jump the gun?

Man you do have nerves. It's incredible.

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  20. Josh (Nology Games)

Then I will close this thread. I am sorry that you believe as such, (btw, I am not support so I do not personally have the BBDoc) but going from what you said. That solution will fix it for you. But for now on, if anyone does have a bug then please continue to send it to support@buildbox.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.