Buildbox, Issue Tracker

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Josh (Nology Games), Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Got it! I have updated this thread, both with the statuses and with the scaling issue.

terravexo likes this.
  2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Here is a couple of things I've found in the latest build.

I'm unsure of the reason, but if you use a Path, set to Single and Characters, with Keep Velocity ticked, sometimes the Character doesn't come off the end of the Path.

Also, it seems if you have Collision Direction set in the Shape Editor of an Object and rotate the Object, the Collision Shape is ignored completely.

Christoph likes this.
  3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I've found a few more today.

If your character exits through a Portal that's outside the GameFrame, the game frame doesn't adjust itself accordingly and puts your Character outside the Game Scene.
    Also, when you're editing particles in the Particle Editor, the speed is much slower in the editor than it is in the Game Scene.

4. Josh (Nology Games)

5. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Yeh.

6. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

What's the update to the statuses its fine from pending to under review is that not a step backwards quite confusing to us British folk.

2.3.7 Mac

2 bugs to report, moving from one project to another if you open recent and save what you been working on it crashes everytime, it actually force disconnects from the server( something else that need to be sorted)

Bug 2. In preview, a single sceen, I have physics objects falling on the first pass, when I die and pass again they are doubled.

They are fine on normal start preview and within a build.

7. Josh (Nology Games)

I'm sorry that I confused you, let me simplify it.
    Pending = I know about it and I am taking it further.
    Under review = the Tester knows about it and is reviewing his findings in relation to the reports.
    Listed = the tester has added them to the list of bugs that are waiting to be fixed.
    Fixed = the report has been fixed and should be out in the next update.
    Also, I will add the last few bugs that I have received later today.

8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

So we went in 3 weeks from Pending to Under Review? For Christs sake, this will take a year until we have something in this list fixed. I mean from pending to under review, or even to listed should be a matter of hours or days. What is the problem that this is taking so long? It feels like - once again - a slap in the face. I hoped this was now at least Listed. Are you making fun of us???

I talked two weeks ago to @NikRudenko and he said he is already working on 2.3.8 with most of the BB2 bugs in the list. He said he was going to give me more info early last week, I haven't heard anything since then though.

Could you explain to me what there is happening? I mean it seems you have no communication to the team at all and if you do, well then even worse, because it means nobody is working on these fixes.

9. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Maybe they are too busy working on their new game in BB3? You know the one Trey talked about in the Red Dead video he did.

Christoph likes this.
  10. Josh (Nology Games)

I am sorry that you feel this way. I agree that 3 weeks is a long time, but things had to be put into place before it could be moved forward. For instance, this thread was made at your guys request, so I went ahead and made it. Now, I am able to speak with the tester when ever they get a chance. I am the one who edits the thread, and they are the one to check on it. once they have all the information required, they will go ahead and do a full investigation. this is not, a slap in the face, this is reality, and it is not an instant process.
    and how on earth am I making fun of you? I really do not know where that statement came from.
    fun fact, Trey has a team who works on buildbox, and another team that works on the games. this is how you run business, so no, they are not too busy working on their own game.

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Sorry to insist, but this is just ridiculous. 3 weeks to communicate a list of issues. If this is how it is then it’s really bad. I can’t imagine how long it will take to get fixed then. It’s a simple message that says: hey dude here’s the updated list of bugs. Can you list and replicate them please?

And it’s weird, because if they have done full investigation then I’m surprised they haven’t contacted me at all. So I guess all bugs could be easily replicated without getting feedback?

This is called bread and games. It’s only smoke. Nothing more. There is zero intentions to really work on it. It’s the exact same old customer support we have started to dislike so much. You guys are completely ignoring that we are waiting for this bug fixes already for months. Some as long as over a year.

This is making fun of your customers. Do you want me to post screenshots of all posts and messages that show that you are working on the bugs???

All my bugs have been sent to support before. Sean said always that they have been passed on to the team and that they are working on it.

Nik told me several times that they will be fixed in the next build. Once back in July when a beta was released for 2.3.7.

Now you are saying the same.

It’s not 3 weeks. It’s months mate. It’s years. You just repeat once again the same pattern. And this is making fun of us. If it isn’t, then you don’t have any sensitivity to handle this situation.

Don’t you realize that we are really angry at how bugs are handled? Don’t you realize that with each day of putting this on hold we feel more and more ignored? Don’t you realize that we are working with this software professionally and depend on this bugfixes??? And we aren’t picky mate. We only report the big ones in hope that they get fixed.

This is not a game or something like that. We were hoping that you could be that bridge to the team you promised and all we get is this. Another empty promise.

Frederik likes this.
  12. Josh (Nology Games)

@Christoph I really am sorry that you feel this way, but you have never been given an empty promise, especially from me. Now, I do understand that you are upset, but this kind of thing does not happen overnight. I am the bridge but you NEED to have patients. It's not like I work face to face with anyone. I live in Australia. I have been working 100% on getting things smoothly, and all this conversation is doing is taking light away from the issue, which is the bugs. I have messaged the tester to see what is happening, now, please be patient while I wait for a reply.

13. terravexo

terravexo Boxer

Just another one for the list (I know a few are aware of it, but it's not on there), transparency is not working for model colours (alpha channel). Unless I, and others are doing something wrong, in which case, please enlighten! :)

14. Josh (Nology Games)

It is possible to do in Buildbox3, but as far as I am aware, that is a feature that will be added by the full release

15. terravexo

terravexo Boxer

Thanks Josh,

Any clues as to where to start with that? I'm happy to script it, but since there's no documentation that I am aware of, I'm unsure of any variables / constants available.

16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Are you saying that you are awaiting a reply from the tester since 3 weeks? And you really think that this is the way it should be? So I really am not sure anymore why I did take the time to list the bugs once again. Because nothing happens either way.

You say you are sorry that I feel that way. If this is true, I'd really like to see that your reaction is different. Words do not matter. Actions do.

17. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

Hey @Josh (Tekanology) have you actually ever used BB2 or developed a game or even published a game? Just checking.

18. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Really? Because in all of Trey's videos he says that Nik and he are working on a game. So does that mean that Nik is no longer developing buildbox? If so then who is? I know they don't have a really big team so kinda confused by what you are saying.

19. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

@Josh (Tekanology)
    You have to understand there frustration!!!!
    5,000 subscribers to Buildbox
    That’s 100k a month
    There abouts. Yea!!!!
    Give or take a bit.
    So it makes no sense why issues aren’t being fixed.
    I don’t use bb anymore and haven’t for months due to these issues.
    I just can’t believe a company making that much money can’t update and fix bugs.@trey
    So it is a slap in the face for users paying for a buggy product.
    Bb team just need to come out and be honest that they don’t care bb2 and are not focused on fixing it, the same as they have done with previous versions of bb.
    It’s a viscous circle repeating itself.
    And the users aren’t stupid, and they know it’s all happening again but are just hoping it’s not true.
    But unfortunately it is.
    Bb2 is dead and the focus is on the future.
    And you being the bridge between the users and bb is just a decoy, to slow Down the complaining and whining. And a broken bridge at that.
    Cause if bb was seriously interested in bb2 being fixed it would of been done by now.
    No company maki100k a month would honestly let there users down like this....
    @TreySmith time to be honest buddy, cut the crap and let the users know what’s going on!!!!!!

20. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

We keep making a circle back to this topic of being ignored, and pissed off customers keep venting here because of the inaction shown. Then we are told to settle down and watch what we say, because others, who are not pissed off are sensitive.
    Seems if we keep coming back to this conversation and the BB team wants it to go away, it is easy, listen to your customer base, do what you said you were going to do and viola, problem goes away.
    I've been biting my tongue for some time, trying like crazy to move on. But I keep coming back to BB because in all honesty it is a very efficient product, but no longer a viable tool if you are looking at the publishing industry, which all could be fixed, but was ignored as well. I also know that BB3 will be incredible, when completed, but it isn't incredible now.
    So what exactly am I paying for. Hmm....I pay for a broken BB2, that I have been told will not be supported by publishers, and I am told that I get this free beta gift of BB3, which by the way also can not publish to publishers. Wow, wise spending of my money. But because I see the potential I keep hanging on and keep paying. Something has to give and it needs to be soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.