Buildbox 3.0 Beta3

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Logan242

Logan242 Avid Boxer

@NikRudenko The Game Center is not showing scores which is a key component of games. Any chance that will be fixed soon?

2. RichieBoy

RichieBoy Boxer

Thanks for the 3D version Buildbox. Can I assume it's still early doors as backgrounds, ads etc not available please? If so happy to wait as it's great just being able to play with what we have at the moment.

3. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

I am having a problem . I don't know if it is a bug or not.
    I assume every time the game reloads in preview the best score should have been set to 0. But this is not happening.
    Also when I exported my project to iOS and was testing on my iPhone it shows the best score I made on Buildbox within preview.
    I believe the game memory is not clearing. Is anyone else experiencing the same problem ?
    @NikRudenko do you know why this is happening ?

4. Kanishk Sachdeva

When I am downloading export modules of BB3 a very strange thing is happening. The download stops suddenly at 70 % when android modules are being downloaded. The export modules for neither android nor iOS get downloaded completely. This is causing an error in my iOS export , haven''t tried exporting to android yet.
    The error for iOS is that my ads in libs should have been a directory but instead it is now a file I don't know why.
    Anyone experiencing the same problem ? What is the solution to this ?
    I have done a complete format of mac and reinstalled it , I have deleted Buildbox about 20 times in the lsat 3 days and again re downloaded, I then deleted only the export modules and re - downloaded, but still the problem exists.
    I have a game that I have completed and want to release it .
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Video link to error while downloaded.:- https://www.dropbox.com/s/olbobuqdnbrh9az/Export Modules Downloading 480p.mov?dl=0
    Screenshot :- Folder of libs , ads is a file and not a folder/directory. ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/pzwl18xeildnq56/Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 11.41.51 AM.png?dl=0 )
    @NikRudenko or anyone else please help
    Thanks

5. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

This is the third time you have posted this is exact same issue. Please do not do it again. @Kanishk Sachdeva

6. Kanishk Sachdeva

Okay sure, had to reach out to as many people as I could cause someone might have a solution.
    I posted another thread after this only because no one is responding to messages in this thread. Also because there is no screenshot attached in my post in this thread because it didn't gave me an option to.
    Did it in BB3 forum and technical discussion forum because I don't know if it's a generic problem with Buildox or specific to Buidlbox 3 and someone who might have a solution might not be using BB3 or if it's a BB3 specific issue won't get a solution for it in technical discussion part of the forum.

7. Josh (Nology Games)

8. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

It seems that the level path is black on mobile no matter what texture you put in it!

9. Logan242

Logan242 Avid Boxer

Hi, just wondering if we will be able to add different textures formats to characters in the future. I think this is an important functionality and also I was just wondering when I buy 3D objects what is the .mtl file that goes along with it? Is that what contains the colors, because sometimes objects come with a helpful png image of their colors, but a lot of the time they just come with a .mtl file. Any suggestions? Keep up the great work by the way:)

10. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

For now try to download 3D objects that also comes with the .png texture file which is used to add the colors. If it doesn't you might have to texture/paint it using a 3D modeling/texturing software.

11. Logan242

Logan242 Avid Boxer

Thanks @HueTheDev do you recommend any that export with the obj and png?

12. musashidan

musashidan Boxer

@Logan242 An .mtl file is the material data associated with the .obj(which is the mesh/UV data) Both files can be opened and viewed in a simple text file editor. The material is the surface shader. An .mtl will generally only port basic phong/blinn/lambert material properties. .Obj files are a very old format at this stage and have mostly been replaced with .fbx(in a 3D pipeline), which contains much more information.

A texture file(.png/.jpg/.tga/etc) has nothing to do with the material(shader) It is a 2D representation of the 3D mesh's UV coordinates. A 3D mesh mush be unwrapped to UV space if you intend to use a unique texture.

13. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Hi Guys, I exported some templates like "Fly" and the last template MOHAWK MAYHEM, but note "Touch move" does not work. When i tried to play it on Iphone or Android i cannot move the actor. When i start the game i touch on the screen and actor does not move and when it dies i am able just to touch restart button. Someone has the same problem?

14. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

I talked to some people that said it was very unoptimized when exported. Maybe that's the case?

15. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

16. Mohammad Mohammad Jalil

Mohammad Mohammad Jalil Boxer

I had the same issue with Android

17. Ychward

Ychward Boxer

When will the next beta finally arrive? The last one came 1.5 months ago!

It would have meanwhile been found on the basis of the community a lot of errors and resolved that there should be another!

18. Josh (Nology Games)

Beta 3 was released in October, and Beta 4 will be released very soon. as it is a November release. put it this way, the longer it takes, the more that it will have.

19. tysonwills

tysonwills Boxer

20. tysonwills

tysonwills Boxer

DID YOU EVER GET THIS RESOLVED