Update : Drone Escape (2049) - Ios Android - Ad Integration -new Best Score Ui

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by particles, Sep 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Not sure if that is a good start, to be honest. When I go to create a game the first things that come to mind is gameplay. Not implementing ads and not worrying about implementing anything the publisher wants, SDK or otherwise.

And the whole point of buildbox is a codeless game engine. Sure bringing in the coding and javascript is awesome no doubt, BUT now you have created another thing in which you have to support and build upon. Right now I feel they are finally going in the right direction by focusing on the node system, expanding it, adding UI features and hopefully making it modular in a way to where no one needs to code at all in order to make an amazing game.

BB3 has a long way to go and I still understand that it is in beta, but it should be focusing on improving and sticking to the core of BB, which is a codeless game engine and where anyone can make an amazing game. Gameplay comes first and foremost when creating a game and they need to recognize that and develop and improve on features that will help us the users to create amazing games easily and without coding. When that is in a good place then and only then should they focus on ad integration and integrating publish sdks and analytics, which in my opinion should only start to come after 1.0 release of the engine.

2. particles

particles Avid Boxer

I gave an example of a feature (Here Advertisement and Publisher Integration), this can be applied to any features.
    If you frustrated with some issues, we may have an option to fix by code before it's not.
    Building complete codeless is not that easy. I amazed how Buildbox has done this much. If that is the case Unity may be done it earlier (Some unity plugins do amazing jobs but not complete replacement). From the beginning Buildbox moving to that challenging direction.

I strongly believe this is a transformation period going to be beneficiary for both BB2 and BB3 Customers.

LBPToo likes this.
  3. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

I sure hope so...

4. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Exactly. I didn't get @VectologyGames response to me at all. Totally missed the point. It was not a criticism of the platform, it was a response to criticism of @particles just because he started with a template. Totally unjustified.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    particles likes this.
  5. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Dead on!

particles likes this.
  6. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

I certainly see why people that can't code would be frustrated with the need to code to build a game with the current state of BB3, but the node system buys the ability for not only the BB team from extending the system with plug-and-play node enhancements, but as the developer community grows(and BB or someone creates a node repository), the plug-and-play capabilities will expand at an exponential rate. The team has to focus on the node system and core product first, then the non-coders will end up with pretty much any plug-in capability they need....while programmers will still be able to continue to extend the product. It's a mutually beneficial design that just needs time to mature.

Phil H and particles like this.
  7. particles

particles Avid Boxer

8. shadowkiller

shadowkiller Boxer

amazing work !
    how can i make the same thing (the cube) which protect the drone ?
    thank you in advance