Is There A Way To Request For Review (ios) On Level Up

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Satya, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Satya

Satya Boxer

Hi,
    Is there a way to show the user a iOS review prompt once he level's up?
    • I am presently using scene's as levels within 1 world
    • So once user say successfully clears Scene 1 & goes to Scene 2 I consider a level up
    • At the point i would like to show a iOS review prompt
    • I understand I can use a Event observer to achieve review prompts based on no. of times game played
    • However, i would like to prompt user for review once he has successfully cleared a Level (Scene in the world)
    • As usually players are happy at this point of time & are more likely to leave a 5 star review
    • Since there is no event observer within the world , I dont know how to achieve this
    I referred to the below thread however it doesn't elaborate on the on successful level up scenario as described above

https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...to-get-lots-of-free-ratings.12323/#post-69915

Satya

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

What is your method on going from level to level?

3. Satya

Satya Boxer

4. Josh (Nology Games)

I can't open the BBDoc right now, what activates the next checkpoint?

5. Satya

Satya Boxer

The character collides with a image which activates the next checkpoint, at which point charater is taken to next scene (so this next scene is considered a new level)

Next CheckPoint.PNG

6. Josh (Nology Games)

Add an invisible coin, then add an event observer that activates when you get a certain amount

7. Satya

Satya Boxer

Ok below is what you are suggesting:
    • For each level add invisible coin right where the Next Checkpoint is
    • So each time the user goes through the Next Checkpoint he earns a invisible coin
    • Once user accumulates say 3 coins (which means user has cleared Level 3) activate the event observer
    • But i am already using coins in the game, so would i use points instead of coins? Or can you add multiple types of coins
    Will give the above logic a try & see if it works. Please let me know if the above makes sense to you

Satya

8. Josh (Nology Games)

You can set a coin to reward you with either a coin or a point. Best to set it to point.

9. Satya

Satya Boxer

ok will try with points & get back to you if this solution works

10. Satya

Satya Boxer

I tried this method it works, however there is one glitch.
    • I am using Menu Jump to take user to a new UI where I check for Points
    • If Points are above the threshold I launch the Review Prompt through a 2nd Event observer
    • I have to pause the game through the Request Review Event observer
    • However once user Hits Cancel or Submit in the Review Prompt the user is stuck on this new UI
    • I will have to give user a Button stating Return to Game
    • It would have been nice If the user were taken right back to the game once he reviewed or dismissed the review prompt
    • Any work around which might take user right back (after review prompt) to the game without him tapping another button?
    Request Review Menu Jump.PNG
    Points Event Observer.PNG
    Request Review Event Observer.PNG

11. Josh (Nology Games)

Put it in "World UI"

12. Satya

Satya Boxer

You mean put the App Rater pop up along with a un pause button so that once user Rates or doesnt rate the app he can tap on the un pause button to start playing game again?

13. Josh (Nology Games)

I think you are confusing this a lot, all you need to do is have the event observer in the "world UI" that way it can keep track during gameplay, (without taking you out of the game) once they have completed the scene, it will prompt

14. Satya

Satya Boxer

Hi, Since there is no event observer listed under the logic pane on the left in World UI, I have had to make a separate Request Review Interface. Please let me know if this is what you mean when you say have the event observer in the "world UI"

Event Observer.PNG

15. Josh (Nology Games)

Basically, the main UI that is connected to the world. That way it will take you there, you can also add a timer to the UI so that after at 5 seconds it will take you back to the game

16. Satya

Satya Boxer

Hi,
    Do you mean the One named "World 2 UI" in the screenshot below? I should put the request review with a timer in this UI?
    Main UI.PNG

17. The Pumpkin Studios

The Pumpkin Studios Moderator

Hi! Basically what tekanology said, is what you can do, is add a timeout observer, with lets say 1 second. when the review is requested, in that ui you can put a timeout for 1 to 2 seconds. when the user finishes the review or even cancels it by pressing the back button on his android device, he goes back to the "stuck ui" and in 2 seconds it will timeout and lead him to the designated UI.

I hope i made this clear.

In cases where you want things to happen itself or automatically you can be creative with a timeout event.