Buildbox, Issue Tracker

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Josh (Nology Games), Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snipering

Snipering Boxer

So any older developments that people. Have released it not could be revamp improved. it maybe just what it needs

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

I will find out about what is happening with advanced moves. But just because it isn't in the beta, does not mean that it won't be in the full release.

3. Josh (Nology Games)

I can assure you that you should be able to place your old projects into buildbox 3 and revamp them as you please

4. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

If this is absolutely real and works 100% then great! BB2 docs working inside BB3.
    However this I believe is the first time I've ever seen this mentioned that BB2 files will be able to be opened and edited inside BB3 and gain all the benefits of the platform and 2D Nodes and Smart Assets (or at least for me that is the implication).

5. Josh (Nology Games)

What I will do for you is find out any extra information for you, I would assume that you get all of the benefits 100% but to be sure, I will confirm this.

6. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

OK great would appreciate the clarification as to what will be achievable (or not).

7. Josh (Nology Games)

Just be mindful that I have not guaranteed this to be 100% as I am not part of the dev team. I will be speaking with the team and as soon as I get the information, about everything, it will be posted up on here for you all to see.

8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok, here are some bugs I reported and I really would like to see them added to the final 2.3.7 release. I'm waiting for a fix for some of them more than half a year or more.

Most important:
    - Cooldown not working (bbdoc provided to support). It still repeats the same scene in the same game round, sometimes even right after each other (this happens as well in the last pre-release beta)
    - Joystick movement is not working correctly when character is set to 'Direct Movement' unticked (bbdoc provided to support). It should behave the same as when 'Direct Movement' is ticked and the character movement should stop when you stop with the finger to move left or right (instead it just keeps moving).

Also important:
    - Hierarchy when killing objects in a scene is not respected when the object gets killed. The death animation always renders above the character.
    - Hierarchy of particle effects is not respected. It always renders above the character.
    - Splashscreen on iPhone X is zoomed in instead of zoomed out when screen adjustment is set to 'AUTO'
    - When using more than one event observer in a UI they don't work unless you put them in the right order of hierarchy. It should work always independently of how you place them.
    - animated elements in a UI doesn't respect easy ease handles when you copy/paste them or when you duplicate a UI. It means you have to re-do all animations when you have 50 game over UIs. Trey himself promised to take care of this bug back in January. It was reported over a year back. Never fixed.
    - in animated elements when you put a keyframe for scale it automatically sets one as well for Opacity. Same as point above.

Thanks.

9. Josh (Nology Games)

@Christoph thank you for reporting these issues. As you can see they have been added to the list (now I can not promise when they will be fixed) I can confirm that I can keep you updated on its status and release date after confirming with the team. Please let us know of any other issues that you run into and thank you for reporting.

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Oh and the only thing that makes my Buildbox 2 crash:
    - when you have the preview open for some time and then delete any element in any UI, Buildbox will crash. It's literally the only way Buildbox crashes for me on my computer (Mac).

11. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Here are some bugs I've found recently:

• Animations don't keep their original curves after the UI has been duplicated:
    Original:
    [​IMG]
    When UI is duplicated:
    [​IMG]

This is a bit annoying if you're duplicating a Game Over UI for 50 + Levels and have to manually adjust all the curves.

• It seems Alpha space is now ignored in Image Selection boxes.
    On occasions it's the "Image Pressed" image and on others it's the image itself.
    [​IMG]

• Whilst talking about Alpha space, the latest build of 2.3.7 doesn't allow the user to press/click/tap any Alpha space.
    For example, if you have a canvas size of 100x100, but your Button is only 100x50, only the Pixels that make up the Button are clickable.
    It now ignores Alpha space. It would be nice to revert back to how it was.

• When you copy/paste two objects that are connected using Connection Mode, the connection disappears once pasted.

I will post more as I remember them or find them.

Christoph likes this.
  12. Josh (Nology Games)

@Christoph @AaroArts thank you for the reports, feel free to let us know of anything else we could add/fix.

AaroArts likes this.
  13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Another very important bug is the Request Review Event Observer.
    If you have it enabled and your device isn't connected to the internet (Wifi/4G/3G), then the Game still requests the Alert View, but doesn't display it. This is the correct behaviour, but because there is no connection, it still tries to pop the Alert View, making the screen unresponsive and the buttons unclickable.

Christoph likes this.
  14. Josh (Nology Games)

Thanks, I have added this to the list.

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Three more bugs I reported already but forgot to add to the list:

1. trail gets jittery when used on device (iOS) over time.
    [​IMG]
    This should be looking butter smooth. And it does look butter smooth when you start a world, but after 8 seconds or so it starts to jitter and after 20 seconds it looks completely messed up until it even disappears completely. This has to be tested on device. It does NOT happen on preview.

2. Character gets reset in hierarchy whenever you copy-paste / cut-paste an element in your current scene. It always moves to the top, hence messing completely with your scene setup.

3. when you menujump any action sound that you picked up before gets cut off.

AaroArts likes this.
  16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Request:
    please make Buildbox 2 iPhone X resolution compatible (not sure about Buildbox 3 and its default resolution). We are literally developing for devices with a resolution of 1242 by 2688 pixels and we still only have 640 x 1136. This is half the resolution. It's 2018!

AaroArts likes this.
  17. Josh (Nology Games)

Wonderful, thank you for reporting. This has been added to the list.

18. Satya

Satya Boxer

@Tekanology - Can I request a Review prompt on Level up i.e., when user successfully completes a level (scene) below is my detailed description

Is there a way to show the user a iOS review prompt once he level's up?
    • I am presently using scene's as levels within 1 world
    • So once user say successfully clears Scene 1 & goes to Scene 2 I consider a level up
    • At the point i would like to show a iOS review prompt
    • I understand I can use a Event observer to achieve review prompts based on no. of times game played
    • However, i would like to prompt user for review once he has successfully cleared a Level (Scene in the world)
    • As usually players are happy at this point of time & are more likely to leave a 5 star review
    • Since there is no event observer within the world , I dont know how to achieve this

19. viking

viking Avid Boxer

Hello @Tekanology
    I have a bug on Bb2.3.7 beta2
    The layer of the player goes alway on the top of all scenes layers after a while...
    If you could add it to the bug list
    Thanx

20. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Add an Event Observer to take the User to a new or "Level Complete" UI, then add the Event Observer to request the Review there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.