Buildbox, Issue Tracker

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Josh (Nology Games), Oct 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Hello Boxers! This is the offical Buildbox issue tracker, I will be keeping it up to date and will continue to edit this first post as time goes on, this is the best place to report bugs, or features that you would like to request. so please feel free to post an issue as we would love to be able to fix them and I will even keep you up to date on an issues status, such as if it is going to be fixed in the next update.

Feature Requests
    1. UI Nodes (Will be added to Beta 4 if not by full release)
    2. PC/Mac Export for Buildbox 3
    3. FBX support with animation system for 3D objects
    4. Reward videos for Admob/ other ad companies
    5. timed option for showing interstitial ads (for both Buildbox 2 and 3)
    6. A preview for custom video reward ads so you can test video rewards within Buildbox preview.
    7. Add some kind of 'tag' to interstitial ads so even if you have several games over UIs where you trigger ads they are connected and show only within the frequency you specify, independently of UIs.
    8. Autosave feature.
    9. Preview refresh key command. Maybe "R", instead of clicking every time.
    10. Customized Nodes column. (under advanced) For Nodes w/custom script. And the ability to save edited nodes.
    11. When Nodes are selected also highlight the group & node name in the list.
    12. Ability to change values by selecting & sliding left/right or arrow up/arrow down.
    Ability to save previously used objects to the Shapes $ Smart Assets to the Asset Library.
    13. a node grouping feature to group nodes for Movement, shooting, etc.
    14. Progress Tracking Bar
    15. 2.x importing into 3.x (confirmed to work by full release of 3.0)
    16. Realistic, isometric and ortographic settings for the camera in BB3
    17. Buildbox 2 as iPhone X resolution compatible, canvass is still 640 x 1136
    18. Shaders
    19. Full controller support

Issues To Be Fixed
    1. Scene cooldowns: sometimes the same scene will play twice in a row. (Listed)
    2. Joystick control: the character does not stop when you release from the joystick. (Not a bug)
    3. Object death animation: the death animation overlays above the character. (Under review)
    4. Particle effects: particle effects overlay the character. (Under review)
    5. Splash screen on iPhone x: zooms in rather than out when adjustment is set to "auto" (listed)
    6. Multiple Event observers: only working correctly when placed in the correct order of hierarchy (Under review)
    7. Animated elements in the UI: when copy/pasted or duplicated leaves things needing to be re-done (Under review)
    8. animated elements: when you put a keyframe for scale it automatically sets one as well for Opacity (Under review)
    9. Deletion with preview opened: when the preview is only, deleting something in a UI crashes Buildbox (Under review)
    10. UI duplication: when a UI has been duplicated the curves of the animation are not the as the original. (Listed)
    11. Alpha space: the user can not press/click/tap the alpha space. (Under review)
    12. Connection mode: copy/pasting connected objects, the connection is longer then upon pasting. (Listed)
    13. Requeat Review Event Observer: bugs out if user is offline. (Under review)
    14. trail gets jittery when used on device over time. (Listed)
    15. Character gets reset in hierarchy whenever you copy-paste / cut-paste an element in your current scene. (Under review)
    16. when you menujump any action sound that you picked up before gets cut off. (Under review)
    17. Timeout from advanced move is not working and menujump interrupts the animation (Under Review)
    18. In BB2, spawner is bugged when velocity is involved (Under Review)
    19. XR/XS/XS Max is ignoring the swipe up from the bottom gesture to close the app. (Under review)
    20.XR/XS/XS Max is having graphics issues when booting up a game (Under review)
    21. Advanced follow node is not 100% (Under review)
    22. Trail node is not 100% (Under review)
    23. The collision is not scaling up when the character in Buildbox 3 (Pending)
    24. if you use a Path, set to Single and Characters, with Keep Velocity ticked, sometimes the Character doesn't come off the end of the Path. "BB2" (Pending)
    25. it seems if you have Collision Direction set in the Shape Editor of an Object and rotate the Object, the Collision Shape is ignored completely. "BB2" (Pending)
    26. If your character exits through a Portal that's outside the GameFrame, the game frame doesn't adjust itself accordingly and puts your Character outside the Game Scene. "BB2" (Pending)
    27. when you're editing particles in the Particle Editor, the speed is much slower in the editor than it is in the Game Scene. "BB2" (Pending)
    28. moving from one project to another if you open recent and save what you been working on it crashes everytime, it actually force disconnects from the server. "BB2" (Pending)
    29. In preview, a single sceen, I have physics objects falling on the first pass, when I die and pass again they are doubled."BB2" (Pending)
    30. Light Color / Intensity Bug
    31. 'Camera Flash' effect (white screen flash) will not fill whole screen on iPad. There is about 10% top margin not filled with white color.
    32. Multiple Unlock + Unlock Sound Bug
    33. "remove ads" removes rewards videos (BB2). giving a disadvantage to users who decide to remove ads

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2018
    Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  2. Josh (Nology Games)

I will start, I would love to see UI Nodes.

3. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

FPS camera

4. Josh (Nology Games)

Could you be more specific? Like, what would you want/need it to be able to do? You could also post the game that has it currently working on the mobile platform.

5. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

-Preload Ads by default in all exports for Android and iPhone

-Rewarded videos for the rest of the ads company Buildbox have build in
    (I don't really understand why there is only hezyapp rewared video build in, and why there is no more effort in that case to help us make more money so we can still pay for software)

I know know all the ad integrators and mediation etc etc, but myself and i think many others can't get it working so i would LOVE to see all ads company that Buildbox allows us to choose to have build in Rewared video ready and not only interstitial or banner

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  6. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

I'm referring to basic first person shooter control where you have seperate movement and camera control. (Move left / look right for example) like any FPS. Right now BB3 only looks ahead/forward.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Thanks for making this thread. Is it approved by the Buildbox team though? I remember that we weren’t allowed to do this before.

I would like to suggest that we divide this thread into two threads or that we decide a way on how to tag each point we mention so it’s clear what belongs to Buildbox 2 and what to Buildbox 3.

In this sense I think it would be clever as well to divide the threads into feature requests and bug fixes. Feature requests should be obsolete with the final release in 1.5 months anyways because Buildbox 3 will be able to do everything that is possible in Unity like you and Trey said multiple times. And Buildbox 2 won’t get added new features. So I really would like to have a thread that focus only on bugs. And believe me, the list will be long. If we don’t do this it will be a nightmare and issues might get lost. Just a suggestion though.

Also, I read that you are not official staff so I would like to know from the official Buildbox team what we can expect regarding bug fixes and this list. One of the promises we got back in January 2018 when the first drama happened is that we would get weekly updates. It was re-afirmed several times later once in April and another time in June. And well, we never got this.

The last update to Buildbox 2 is literally 5 months or so away and the last beta pre-release was in August. As Mike said in another thread we are waiting for fixes for so long now and the promise that Buildbox 3 will fix everything is not working for us. As a professional you don’t use beta at all and don’t even change to a new major software version for several months after release. So we need attention to Buildbox 2 that we literally are paying for.

So my question is: why should we take the time and effort to make this list here if we won’t get heard by the team anyway? I mean we sent all our bugs to support already. Mostly with good documentation and example files etc. And they didn’t get fixed. And it seems even worse, support didn’t even make a list about them??? I mean don’t they have a system to track bugs and if they do could you get that list to share here so we don’t have to do double the work?

This is why I would like to know if this thread will change anything because as far as we know is that there is zero interest in our issues at the moment. There is no deficated team to fix bugs in Buildbox 2. Or is there?

Thanks.

8. Josh (Nology Games)

this thread is for both Buildbox2 and Buildbox3, bugs and features. I will be watching closely to each of the requests and will be putting them forward and getting feedback of both Buildbox and you guys. and yes, this is an approved thread.

Christoph likes this.
  9. Josh (Nology Games)

if you do wish to be more specific then you are always able to post directly into the Beta Threads which at this time is Buildbox 3.0 Beta3 for buildbox3 and Buildbox 2.6.7 Beta for Buildbox2

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Ok thanks for your reply. Not happy to get my suggestion ignored but if you think you can handle it this way then I’m happy too.

What about my other concern?

andre_sprs likes this.
  11. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Are these feature requests a mixture for BB2 and BB3?

Christoph likes this.
  12. Josh (Nology Games)

I would like to point out that I never ignored this comment, as I said, you can already have that with the Beta posts. that is, Buildbox 2.6.7 Beta Thread and Buildbox 3.0 Beta Thread. in continuing with

this adds to both, you can comment on the specific posts but this thread is designed to keep thinks neat and tidy and all in one place.

Buildbox2 will be phased out not long after Buildbox3 is fully released. Buildbox3 will remain to be as simple to use as Buildbox2 but will have the added benefit of not being as restricting. this is another reason as to why this thread will have both of them and yes, I am aware that the list will be long, but that is why I have been put here, I am here to help both the customers as well as the rest of the Buildbox Team.

You are correct, I am not offical staff as I do not get paid, but I am Officilly part of the Buildbox Team by being a Head Moderator that was placed in this role by the team. I understand how frustrating this can be that because of how busy the rest of the team has been, they might not have been able to visit the forums as often as they would like, but that is why I am here. and if you want weekly updates then YOU GOT IT! I am not going to lie to you, sometimes it may take more then a week to get you an update, however I can assure that I will do everything in my power to keep this promise and keep everyone updated with real time information.

I understand what you are saying here, Buildbox 2 is the product that you are paying for, Buildbox 3 is not. so why has it taken so long to get an update on buildbox 2? the answer is simple, quite a few of the issues that needs to be fixed, are impossible to add to buildbox 2, so the team have been working overtime to get Buildbox 3 released so that these issues can be fixed. once buildbox 3 is released, buildbox 2 will be completely phased out shortly after, just like what happened to buildbox 1.

I am really glad that you mentioned this, I will get this information from the team directly and I will bring a list of what is going on, Thank you for this suggestion.

This is the Exact reason why I have been given this role. I am here to show you that the buildbox team does care, I am part of said team and I assure, I do care. This thread will change EVERYTHING! this is our way of working together to make Buildbox even better then what we thought it could be. I want everyone to let us know of the issues they have and I will be responding to every one of them that I can. You all wanted something to change, I am that change, I am the guy that can help you as well as help the rest of the Buildbox Team.

Christoph likes this.
  13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Am I correct in thinking Buildbox 2 won’t be phased out entirely until we can open a BBDoc created in BB 2.X in BB 3.0 and have a fully functional project? Thank you.

comicsmathias and Christoph like this.
  14. Josh (Nology Games)

this is such a great question and I thank you for asking. The answer is yes, once 2D worlds have been implemtied into Buildbox 3.0, your BBDoc should be able to be opened up without issue with both Buildbox 3 and Buildbox 2. if for some reason it was having issues, buildbox 2 will remain until said issue is fixed.

AndyG likes this.
  15. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Excellent, thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

Christoph likes this.
  16. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

What about that i asked earlier
    "

-Preload Ads by default in all exports for Android and iPhone

-Rewarded videos for the rest of the ads company Buildbox have build in
    (I don't really understand why there is only hezyapp rewared video build in, and why there is no more effort in that case to help us make more money so we can still pay for software)

I know know all the ad integrators and mediation etc etc, but myself and i think many others can't get it working so i would LOVE to see all ads company that Buildbox allows us to choose to have build in Rewared video ready and not only interstitial or banner"
    "

17. Josh (Nology Games)

I assure you that I never looked past your post and I will be speaking to the team on Monday to find out more information for you. the only reason I didn't reply instantly was I need to speak to the team and wanted to give you an informative reply. but for now I will add it to the list for you.

Lamora likes this.
  18. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I love your positive attitude and yes, this is what is needed. I really hope that this brings the change we are all seeking. It would mean a lot for us and the community and in the end, for Buildbox as well.

One thing I do have a problem with is your position regarding the release of Buildbox 3 being a substitute for Buildbox 2. I mean yes, once Buildbox 2 is completely integrated (or better said 2D and all it's tools are possible as they were in Buildbox 2) and a Buildbox 2 bbdoc can be opened without any issues in Buildbox 3, then version 3 will be in fact the substitute. But there is another important aspect to it:
    It needs to be bug free!

I'm pointing out this issue because we had a very long time when Buildbox 2 was released that 50% of the software was not usable because of bugs and crashes. Heck, even Buildbox 2 in the 'final' state is still full of bugs and some times it crashes.

So for me that I am using Buildbox professionally, the transition will only happen once Buildbox 3 is stable enough, at least as much as we have now stability with Buildbox 2. Anything else doesn't make sense from a productivity point of view. This means no crashes and at least the same amount of features that we now have in Buildbox 2 so we can keep working on our current projects. This would mean a smooth transition. Being it a new major version additional features are (obviously) appreciated. But tbh I personally don't care if Buildbox 3D takes more time to get fully ready, but the features of Buildbox 2 need to be all implemented.

So the question is about the timeline and the recent promise that Buildbox 3 with all its features will be ready in December 2018. I'm sorry to be pessimistic, or better said realistic, but I don't see this happening as neither I'm seeing happening that we can do everything we would be able to do in Unity. I'm sure one day we can, but just not very soon.

When do you (or the Buildbox team) think that we can use Buildbox 3 in order to fully leave Buildbox 2?

And when do you think will we have a Buildbox 3 with all the new features in order for example to do io games, match 3 games or rpg games?

Are you referring to weekly updates with information or weekly updates for the software with bugfixes?

Current version is 2.3.6 and current beta is 2.3.7. :)

19. Josh (Nology Games)

you are quite welcome! I am always here to help, and I will always try to give timely replies, just as long as everyone does that I do sleep sometimes so it may not always be instant.

20. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

From what I know this depends from the ad company's SDK. Appodeal for example pre-loads all ads, and I'm pretty sure that Fyber and Mopub does the same. I would be surprised if Admob and all others don't do this themselves. The ad needs to get loaded before it shows up and it normally stays cached there until it's used. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Buildbox could change something in this regard.

They can though (and I think Nik said that we will see a lot of improvements with custom hook ads) add several improvements to how and when ads are shown.

Here are some request from my side regarding monetization (and I would be really happy to see that in Buildbox 2):
    - Add a timed option for showing interstitial ads (so you can choose that every 30 seconds for example an ad is shown if interstitial ad is triggered in any UI)
    - Add a preview for custom video reward ads so you can test video rewards within Buildbox preview. Basically like it is working now with Heyzap ads. But for custom ads.
    - Add some kind of 'tag' to interstitial ads so even if you have several game over UIs where you trigger ads they are connected and show only within the frequency you specify, independently of UIs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.