Stick Character To An Object ,spin And Shoot To Particular Direction

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by TheGameAppStudio, Jun 13, 2018.

1. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi,I would like to know how to stick a character to an object and object must start spinning and the character must further jump to next position based on the spin.Hope you understand.
    Kindly share a sample bbdoc with this function if possible :)
    I tired with friction and character sticks to object but i could make it jump based on the spinning object direction :(

2. TheGameAppStudio

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  3. surajsahu

surajsahu Boxer

hey, hae you found the solution yet, if yes than could you please share it here

4. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

If it is concerned with Buildbox 2 you can activate connection between both the objects that you want to be connect by a button on top right corner named activate connection.
    If it is concerned with Buildbox 3 you can make an object a parent object of another object and the child object will follow parent object movement.

5. surajsahu

surajsahu Boxer

i'll try what youve suggested, thanks

6. TheGameAppStudio

Hey,that's not what required :) I bet you are speaking about a character and an object which is connected permanently .Like character and character bullet as an object,
    What required is consider a spinning object and a character .The character jumps and sticks from one object to another.There was a game like this one made with another engine something with planets and astronaut .Can't remember that game name.

7. The Pumpkin Studios

The Pumpkin Studios Moderator

I tried something like this once, its sort of a work around. however, i couldnt tweak it as i want, maybe it may help you out in your case.
    What i had was a platform that spinned. what i wanted was when a character jumps on it, the platform starts spinning but the object should not fall.

I actually used a path, and mmade the path go around at the same speed that the platform did. when the character hith the path, it spinned and the platform had a wake up, so it spinned too. both of them spinned together.

Again, i didnot experiment much with this, maybe you can try it out, it may help.

8. TheGameAppStudio

Thanks for the suggestion :)