3d World Pause On Character Defeat

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Kanishk Sachdeva, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

I want the 3D World to pause on character defeat so that game over UI overlaps the world , is this possible to do so in BB3 ?

2. Kanishk Sachdeva

By pause I mean I want to stop the camera movement. What I have done now is that when my character collides with enemy the if collide node is connected to defeat node and event observer game node. What is happening now is that the camera is following the game path instead of stopping because the character has been defeated.

3. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

In your World UI you have the Pause Current World Checked for your Event Observer right?

4. Kanishk Sachdeva

Pause current world is enabled but still the camera is moving and following the game path instead of character which it was previously following till the time character was alive.

5. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Ah, ok. Now I understand. Yes, there appears to be a bug in BB3. I had to deal with the exact same scenario. You have to do some work arounds. What I do is I Remove my Actor, triggered on collusion with Enemy. Basically what I did is set all my objects that can kill my actor to enemy. Then in my Actor I have a If Collide set to Remove Actor anytime an Enemy is hit.
    See picture attached.

Attached Files:

6. Kanishk Sachdeva

Tried to do that but what happens is that the camera moves to the starting of the game. Let me try doing it again as per the screenshot that you attached. Thanks

landofgreendev likes this.
  7. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Ok. Because when you use my work around method your object is set to Enemy and it is touching something else within your game. It has to be just a hair away from everything. If it touches another object than your scenario happens.

So use this method instead. Go into your Actor, set a If Collide to the exact mesh that your object is using, set Affected Asset to Actor, then connect a Remove node to it.

8. Kanishk Sachdeva

Ok I will try it , thanks by the way.

9. Entoidstudio

Entoidstudio Boxer

did that work for you if it did pls share me your screenshot now bcoz I'm facing this issue now I tried the above solution by adding remove node it gets to starting position only...

10. Rudranil

Rudranil Boxer

(I don't know whether you have got any other work around or not as this is almost a year old...)
    But I got a work around. We can set the physics of the character to be static on defeat (by editing the defeat node), so that the character stops moving. So now the camera also stops moving as it was following the character.

And for the character to disappear we can create a custom script node which accepts a signal and emit a signal. We can take the 'collide' node's wire and join it to our script to take the signal which then emits another signal. And in the emitted signal we have to send a 'false' value and join the emitted signal's wire to the Animation's enabled port - which disables the animation. But the collision shape will remain.