Tap Effect When I Touch The Screen Help

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by SQUITTER, Sep 21, 2018.

1. SQUITTER

SQUITTER Boxer

Hi guys,
    There should be easy solution for sure, but I can't figure it out.

I would like to make effect (something like ripple), everytime when I touch/click the screen.

Any ideas how to do it?
    Thanks!

2. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

The first thing that comes to mind, although I haven't tested it, is..
    In your World, setup an Advanced Move for your character, name it whatever you want. Set the image up to your ripple effect. set the other parameters to how you wish, and leave Event blank until you finish next..
    In your World UI setup a Character Button that covers the entire screen. Call it ripple, an set its Function to Component Action.
    Now go back to your Characters Advanced Move and set the Event to button - Ripple.

Again. I haven't tested this but logically I think it should work for you.

3. SQUITTER

SQUITTER Boxer

Thank you so much, I'll give a try!

4. SQUITTER

SQUITTER Boxer

Unfortunately it doesn't work ... :/

5. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Here, look at this zip file. Of course I didn't use a real ripple effect I just placed a square with lowered opacity. But it works. Also noticed that I had to also create an object that is a replica of your character and place it in the ripple animation as well.
    The important thing to remember using this method is that it has to be modified for each character, pasting the object into the ripple animation.
    Also make sure to set your button up in the World UI with out touch block through checked.

Attached Files:

6. SQUITTER

SQUITTER Boxer

Thank you! btw. I'm just thinking about this - How can I make the ripple effect which will be placed exactly on the same spot, where I clicked - when I click on the top, there will show the ripple effect or anywhere on the screen where I tap?

7. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I don't have an answer for that one. I know you can resize the ripple effect to place it more directly over your character or offset it from the 0,0 position. Placing it directly where a user touches would mean you would need multiple Character Buttons, smaller, placed all over the screen like in a grid pattern. Know what I mean? Each one would still reference the same Advanced Move.
    Not sure, but try it.
    With BB you just have to think out of the box a little bit.

8. SQUITTER

SQUITTER Boxer

No worries. Thank you so much for your help! Very appreciate it :) Hope they add the function in next version of buildbox.

9. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I think if you replicate the Character button in your UI and make it smaller and in a grid pattern it will work how you want.

10. SQUITTER

SQUITTER Boxer

I'll give a try! Thank you :)