Buildbox 3.0 Beta2

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Aug 31, 2018.

1. particles

particles Avid Boxer

At least Event Observer for session points should trigger. So that we can connect with the next world for development and testing an endless experience.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  2. B.K.

B.K. Boxer

Hi guys,
    I posted this yesterday (my first post). Apologies... I think I put it in the wrong section.

I'm currently using BB 3.0.0 B#2219. Here is my suggested request list for the next iteration of Buildbox 3.
    • Make scripts accessible for EVERY functionality available in 2D so we can cut and paste it into 3D.
    • Add to UI’s - navigation buttons like joystick, ability for player to move camera view around objects etc
    • Ability to drag-select multiple objects in a scene using Shift for all and Command for selected objects as per standard protocols in Photoshop and other programs
    • Ability to open code on every node. Many are still hidden/inaccessible.
    • Add folders so we can group items in left hand menu
    • Add Red, Blue and Green or (XYZ) direction dots and a Random symbol above every function setting for ease of selection.
    • Ability to nudge selected objects using arrow buttons - arrows for for 1 pixel and Shift for 5 pixels at a time.
    • Ability to select/paint different parts of a 3D object to designate for collision. Not just the entire object.
    • Add connection links button as per 2D so objects can be linked.
    • Ability to re-name instances of objects not just the objects themselves.
    • Ability to adjust opacity, speed and other functionalities of instances.
    • Add Advanced move and component functionality
    Many thanks,

B.K. ;-)

Jackazoid and Steddyman like this.
  3. Steddyman

Steddyman Boxer

I'd add one more request into that list:

* Ability to set default scale of objects for when you drag them into the scene

4. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

All but two are needed suggestions, but you should also update to Build #2250.

In Build #2250,
    • We can multi-select & drag.
    • We can also link objects together, (but we can't unlink them) So maybe we can add having the ability to unlink objects to the list.

5. Steddyman

Steddyman Boxer

Another couple of feature requests:

* Ability to save custom scripts as a Custom type of node accessible across all nodes in the project from the node palette
    * Ability to change the texture scale on an object by object basis. Would allow texturing the path when length changes
    * Access to quality settings for render pipeline
    * Expose all properties of nodes on an object, e.g. CastShadow via Component.setAttribute()

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  6. particles

particles Avid Boxer

ISSUE :
    After loading a few scenes, the application is lagging in both BB3 preview and iPhone. Please help to remove this from memory.

7. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

I think the UI stuff needs an overhaul. I want to be able to script as necessary. There’s a ton of things we could do for mobile games if we had this ability. Off the top of my head there are CCG games like Supercell’s Clash Royal and variety if idle clicker games that could benefit from a more robust UI workflow. These kinds of games are easy to make with the right tools.

8. Steddyman

Steddyman Boxer

I have lost hours of work today due to the stupid online check the app does when you try and save work. I have a good internet connection, but if you leave the app open over night you get the following error. Once you have had it, sometimes the connection comes back and sometimes it does not.

[​IMG]
    I've now been 24 hours without being able to save and I can safely say the work I did yesterday is now lost. This really is an inexcusable check to make when you are trying to save your work, even in a beta.

JD888 and particles like this.
  9. JD888

JD888 Boxer

Had that happen also, made me turn away from using the beta. I don't understand it.. I can understand it when building, and opening Buildbox, but why does it need to communicate with a server to save the project?

10. particles

particles Avid Boxer

Adding Only available preset Fire Particles, Crashing the App.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  11. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Sure, it would be nice if it didn't do this, but you know you're working with beta software so treat it accordingly. I save virtually every couple of minutes, and I certainly would never leave the computer without saving.

12. particles

particles Avid Boxer

bbassets and bbnodes
    • Import bbasset and bbnode from File menu and drag & drop
    • Custom nodes can come under project section
    • A user can easily drag and drop to add like default BB3 nodes
    • Edit its properties
    [​IMG]

13. Steddyman

Steddyman Boxer

Please please put in an option that lets me specific a level name to trigger at the end of a sequence of levels so I can make a game that is like Perfect Hit. I am working on an original game that requires these kind of boss stages.

14. fredi

fredi Avid Boxer

If I disable the nodes in my script, it has no effect. The actions are still executed in some way.

15. Steddyman

Steddyman Boxer

That's because you need to ensure that any code in your script is executed if _enabled=true. Like this:

[​IMG]

fredi likes this.
  16. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

Yep, I discovered this quite awhile ago too and documented it in a post up here somewhere, but what I first thought was a bug I soon found out is a "feature". There are times you will find this very useful, and you can see it being used in several of the examples you'll find in the smart assets and presets. particles solution is the correct one, but you can't edit all nodes, so I both use the enabled test,in my nodes, and try to make sure I keep any nodes I'm not using out of the node editor.

fredi likes this.
  17. fredi

fredi Avid Boxer

18. fredi

fredi Avid Boxer

Bug: I added in a cube an awake nod and a position animation node. I clicked the pin to be able to adjust all the elements in the scene editor. Then I deleted the nodes, but the attribute input fields in the scene editor are always there?????

19. LBPToo

LBPToo Avid Boxer

What happens when you click on another node with attributes? Do the old ones still stay there?

20. fredi

fredi Avid Boxer

I am in the normal scene editor (without nodes), I click on an instance of the object I have added custom nodes and on the right site it shows all attribute (property) input fields from the same nodes I have deleted.