Buildbbox 3.0 Beta 1 Bugs Report Thread

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by wesam_badr, Jul 26, 2018.

1. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

Just check the collision shapes sometimes you'll find an "if collide" node in the 3d world view under the object or actor and that may need the shape adjusted there to if not save and restart they are have lots of troubled with collision shapes in this build you're not the only one we are all getting it !

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  2. jaydenf95

jaydenf95 Boxer

Done all that must be an issue on there side hopefully a fix soon so i can finish my game! :p

3. jaydenf95

jaydenf95 Boxer

devops i'm able to remove points once they collide with my my "actor" i'm at work so i can't have a look at how i set my nodes up to do this, once i get home though ill post a reply with how I did it.

4. jaydenf95

jaydenf95 Boxer

iv'e attached a picture of how my nodes are setup, note the "affected asset" is set to my actor aka "slingshot"

Attached Files:

5. Devops

Devops Boxer

@jaydenf95 Yes its working in the POOL demo but not for fly, can you confirm this on your end?

6. CCdev

CCdev Boxer

How can I rotate the Camera around the Character with holding and dragging on the screen in game?

7. jaydenf95

jaydenf95 Boxer

Not working for me either in the fly demo Devops. It works in the default demo though.

8. Devops

Devops Boxer

9. seanlee2112

seanlee2112 Boxer

I'm having the same issue on Geforce 860M

10. Orlandroid

Orlandroid Boxer

i don't think that's possible now and it's not helpful

11. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

I have a saved the file with an object and a texture try to run preview it just crashes. What kind of Assets work with buildbox? are they supposed to be cartoony with very little to no textures? or can we put in detailed model with high tonnes of textures. what are the limits to the 3d engine in buildbox 3? and can you give use an example of where we can get "buildbox safe" 3d objects and textures.

I love all the features you guys have in buildbox 3 I really do but what is letting me down right now is I can't put what ever 3d objects I want into the application with out it crashing.

I think adding your own 3d assets is more of a fundamentally important function to making your own game.

12. AlbertSherman

AlbertSherman Boxer

Hi, the pause button doesn't work, only the restart (UI - Navigation button)

13. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

whens a new version of the beta going to be released? I am only on version 1.0 still of buildbox 3

14. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Buildbox 3: Beta

When I attempt to copy the Smart Assets into another scene, other than the Start Scene, I get multiple versions of that copy on a random manner. In other worlds, the pasted Smart Assets (like for example the Hoop) are not placed on the exact instance where I wanted it to be placed, and instead it was randomly placed among other scenes. I tried to Align Scenes, but still the issue persists.

When I copy / paste Smart Assets into other scenes, I should be able to play them in the exact instant I placed them, instead of showing randomly as it's currently the setup.

It does not work only when I copy / paste, when I place any of the smart assets onto other scenes other than the Start Scene, all Smart Assets are spread randomly and more than one. It's really weird.

Is that a known bug, or there's a way around?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  15. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Game Over menu is working. You have to create a Game Over UI, where on the Game UI, you have to add Event Observer with Game Over and Default options. When that's done, add a NODE that's link to the character DEFEAT NODE with Event Observer Node, Game Over linked to DEFEAT.

Attached Files:

16. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @NikRudenko I just wanted to test a game on my phone. I am using iPhone 6 right now. I opened the bounce project and only entered bundle identifier, name of the game and also checked encryption. When I tap the game icon on my phone first Buildbox logo appears and then it is all blank screen. Game seems to not open up. Just wanted to let you know. Thank you.

17. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

ok I added a main menu in my 3d game and it just ignores it is that normal?

18. Ashish

Ashish Boxer

@NikRudenko Just rising my BB3D learning curve, just found something which i don't know is a bug or not. As stated previously I can't see ifcollide properties in the right panel of 3d world. Software is crashing while opening the preview of Animation node in the editor. Version in question is BB3D Beta 2.

19. Ashish

Ashish Boxer

Have you exported the build from a windows platform. I faced the same issue with windows platform but got working app when exported from mac.

volcank likes this.
  20. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi no but I found out the main problem was it happened when I ticked the encryption in settings. Just tick off the encryption I mean do not select it and then export and it should work.