Buildbox 3.0 Beta2

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Jay

Jay Boxer

@NikRudenko awesome, thanks. Looking forward to it!

2. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

Yes we aware of that issue and performance fixes will be right after Android export. In fact that particular issue is pretty easy to fix but my total focus for now is new 2.3.7 build and Android Export.

viking and volcank like this.
  3. NinjaArtStudio

NinjaArtStudio Boxer

How do I get in touch with Trey Smith? I am a new game developer and have a game that I would like to approach a game publisher with. but I'm not sure exactly how I am supposed to do that. So I wanted some advice on that. Also, I am new to Buildbox 3 and not sure if I am doing things correctly with it. It is not allowing me to connect a game over UI and my pause button when clicked doesn't do anything. Any advice?

volcank likes this.
  4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

That’s wonderful Nik. Thank you so much and also can’t wait for bb 2.3.7 with cool down fix.

5. AlexBB

AlexBB Boxer

[​IMG]

particles likes this.
  6. AlexBB

AlexBB Boxer

Can you please enable Conversations so that we can talk more on it?

[​IMG]

7. AlexBB

AlexBB Boxer

It is coming! A little bit of patience my friend ... Soon

MattWills likes this.
  8. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

I have sent an email and BBDoc to support as I have noticed an odd issue affecting move nodes. I have a move node attached to a character but when I try to move the character a different object is moving instead (The other object does not contain any move nodes).
    Oddly if I drag the character back into the objects hierarchy the move node is working as expected.

9. Jay

Jay Boxer

Do you ever get responses from support? I've sent 4 emails (different issues for each one) and it's been weeks with no response.

10. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

particles likes this.
  11. Steddyman

Steddyman Boxer

Should BB3 be able to compile down to an iPhone 5C? Trying it on my son's phone so he can beta test for me. Default project is configured with Valid Architectures: ARM64 under Build Settings.

I've added ARMV7 in there which the error you get from compiling says is the current architecture, and it then compiles without errors... but on the device the main game comes up but nothing happens... Everything just sits there static.

I see the following in the XCode logs: [PTPlayer] - [JSAPI] Warning: method 'update' not found.

This is beta 2 build 2250.

12. SAvas

SAvas Boxer

When will the ad feature come up? Could you give a date?

13. AlexBB

AlexBB Boxer

There's only certain backward compatibility we can support. 5C doesn't run OS 11 and isn't natively supported in Xcode. I would advise testing with a newer phone. Tech moves too fast, eh?

14. Steddyman

Steddyman Boxer

Thanks Alex, I do have an iPhone X, iPhone 7 Plus and iPhone 6s Plus too. All too big for my young son. He will be disappointed, he loves the game I am making :)

15. Steddyman

Steddyman Boxer

I found a bug I came across a few times with 2247 but haven't tested with the 2250 build yet. If you create a node with pinned attributes, then set values for those attributes in one of the game levels, then go back and remove or rename those attributes in the node and try and save the project, it will crash part way through saving (taking all your script changes for the node with it).

16. Steddyman

Steddyman Boxer

Can I request a feature please? I am trying to make a game that has a unique section at the end of a series of random level sections, like the Perfect Hit game does at the end of a level sequence.

For that to work I think we either need to be able to load Game Worlds from code or be able to have manually disabled level sections (with the M key) loadable from code using addLevel (currently it doesn't display it because it is disabled).

Also, unless I am missing something none of the properties you currently set for Level frequency have any effect.

particles likes this.
  17. particles

particles Avid Boxer

Guys, We struck at thee two issues. Mentioned this issue in Discord Server. I am reposting here to track further. Please help us by fixing in the next release.

1. Event Observer is triggering only for Game Over not on crossing limit of Session, Total and Best. At least session points trigger will help us to launch next world.

[​IMG]

2. The Session, Total and Best score is working only for Current World, not All World
    • Session
    • Total
    • Best
    And that too rest to Zero once you restarted the app.

[​IMG]

Low priority
    Another issue is we can't change the position of Trail animation. Even we change this value in the attribute inspector, trail animation is always showing at 0,0,0

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  18. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, I also tried it and it's not working in this version.
    So hopefully in the next one. Right Nik?...

19. Steddyman

Steddyman Boxer

Nik. You really need to remove the internet server check whenever you try and save a project. That is a security protection step to far. I cannot work on my projects while on the train.

20. SAvas

SAvas Boxer

I use BB3 only for testing purposes and to learn. I'm trying to write the mistakes I see. I use BB 2 to build game. I recommend you,
    you do it that way. BB 3 is in beta yet. The BB team is working very hard. And eventually we will have a wonderful writing