Buildbox 2.3.7 Beta

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Aug 13, 2018.

1. mhsars

mhsars Boxer

Hello @NikRudenko, spawn rate is not working in character's bullet animation panel. When i add an object to bullet animation of character and give 2 seconds or some value to spawn rate; all bullets can be fired in series when user pressing shooting button quickly. But with same settings when i put the object at game spawn rate is working. Don't want to do that with this way, cause I'm trying to deploy separately bullet effects for each character at my games. Can you check this bug about spawn rate in animation panel of character?

Christoph likes this.
  2. AlexBB

AlexBB Boxer

Can you please PM me a BBDOC? I am to change the spawn rate, though I am doing it for the bullet, not the character

3. mhsars

mhsars Boxer

I'm doing it for character's bullet animation. I'm putting object in animation panel and trying to set spawn rate for it. I have multi character selector and want to specific bullet animation for each other with spawn rate. Spawn rate is working at game scene object (character bullet object) already. But as i told i want to set different bullet animations with spawn rate for each character.

4. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Any news on 2.3.7 release?

5. swiftcurrent

swiftcurrent Avid Boxer

6. AlexBB

AlexBB Boxer

Would need a BBDOC to see if can help. I would advise multiple instances for bullets with different spawn rates

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Another bug:
    when you put a label into a death animation of an object and flip the object in the game (like -1 scale) then the label does NOT get flipped like the graphic does.

AaroArts likes this.
  8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Oh, and by the way, I thought I would mention it so it doesn't get forgotten:
    the bug that the character gets reset to the top in the hierarchy of the scene when you move one element in the scene (like copy-paste) is still present in this beta. Would be really cool if that gets fixed as well.

AaroArts and stevinz like this.
  9. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

@NikRudenko - Yes, this is very important to get fixed as a lot of games need to have the character at a specific location within the hierarchy

10. dotcasualgames

dotcasualgames Boxer

Another bug: In an endless game, you can only use a menu jump once (teleport to a world). If you try to menu jump to the same world twice within a session then all the points reset.

11. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Use bullet as object and drag and drop them to the each character as an object and set it to character bullet in default animation/shooting animation of character :)

mhsars likes this.
  12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Another bug (which I think was already reported somewhere by someone):
    the Game Frame in red does kill the character but doesn't trigger the game over UI (or observer, don't know). It happens in one of my games now but only at the beginning. When the forced movement progressed a little then everything works fine. But at the beginning, when I approach the game frame to die, it will kill me but not trigger the Game Over UI.

Thanks.

13. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Is there any news on 2.3.7?

It’s a bit disappointing to keep seeing videos about new features coming to BB3 when paying customers are still waiting for major bugs to be fixed in BB2 so we’re forced to put things on hold.

Any news or updates would be greatly appreciated.

adrogdesigns, micdune, steves and 3 others like this.
  14. Gray Studio

Gray Studio Boxer

so
    so true.... i have to cancel my sub because there is nothing else then bug. And BB3 image system is too fuckt up...

if they could make BB2 like BB3 then it would be fk awesome.. but they are bussy to make games them self, and upload on youtube..

Ash, adrogdesigns and kipasgajah like this.
  15. mhsars

mhsars Boxer

Thank you so much, the trick is set bullet object in character default animation not bullet animation :D:D

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Now that we soon will get a 2.3.7 final version which probably is as well the final version for Buildbox 2, I wanted to ask if Buildbox plans to make as well a final adjustment for supported resolutions.

Apple just ditched the iPhone SE and we now have officially no more devices with the default resolution of 640x1136. All devices are much higher resolutions and most are in a ratio like the iPhone X. The iPhone XR will be the phone most used in the USA and probably lots of other countries.

It worries me a lot knowing that Buildbox is not compatible with these higher resolutions making it probably more and more difficult to get a feature from Apple because of it.

If we could get Buildbox to double the default resolution to 1280x2272 that would be great and easy to update older games. But then who knows how performance would be (?).

I’d like to hear an official statement to this complicated situation. I really would like to see Buildbox 2 future proof for the next couple of years.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  17. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Hey there,

I'm not sure if this happened on older builds but if you use a large amount of objects/scene and you move in between scenes using portals than behind you there are just a few objects that get deleted not all of them. It seems that we have a limit of 250 or so objects that got deleted. This is an issue if you are building a "stage"/scene with small tiles like 8x8 or 16x16.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Launch the app and import small png 16x16 for a swipe like game
    2. Create a level on first scene (start scene) with at least 250 tiles (you can make a box and another box inside it and so on so you can see the limit
    3. Duplicate the scene and use a portal to switch in between them
    4. Swipe back to reach the "start screen"
    5. Observe that the first level is not fully cleaned up no matter how much you set the back detection trashold option
    And it's good to mention that multiple object on the screen lowers the game performance on physical devices like a lot, on computer everything seems to look good

18. Ash

Ash Boxer

I would like to know if BB2 will soon get scripting like BB3, or will BB3 include 2D and completely replace BB2? I believe adding scripting to 2D and fixing bugs should have been the first priority before making a 3D engine. I'm asking because I've been programming in Unity for a few years now, and would like to use BB, but not having scripting for 2D is a major roadblock.

19. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That won't happen unfortunately. Lot of us asked for it. And it would make Buildbox 2 the single best 2D game engine out there. But the plans are others (Buildbox 3 will eat up Buildbox 2, but this will take a while until this happens).

20. Atae Zuljalal

Atae Zuljalal Boxer

Guys. I recently downloaded BB 2. In a scene of my game, I made an enemy and copied it a couple of times.
    The problem is that whenever I play the game the enemies are not destroying the Character.
    I reinstalled the software but the problem is the same. Any suggestions?