Beware Of Nanovation Publisher! Avoid At All Cost!

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by kokolomoj, Aug 25, 2018.

1. kokolomoj

kokolomoj Boxer

Hello everyone.

I worked with Nanovation publisher. They released my game called "Nodez".
    Working with them was a nightmare, but that is another topic.
    When it was time for them to pay up they ignored all my emails and Skype messages.
    When i finally made a contact they said that they will not pay me because they had a marketing expense (first they said 2500$, then 4000$, and later 8000$). Which is a complete lie, and of course they didn't have any proof, not a single receipt or anything like that.
    My lawyer sent them a nicely written email and then they immediately took down my game both from ios and android. I haven heard from them since.
    This guys are a joke, they think they are some hot shots, some big successful company but they scam you for lousy 800$!

Surfing the web, i found out that i am not the only one they scammed - there is a post on this forum, some guy is claiming they owe him money too. https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/about-nanovation-llc.10563/

Avoid at all costs! They do 0 (zero!) marketing. They are just 2 kids with connection at apple that keeps getting them featured and that's it! All they do is get featured and wait. If your are from USA they will most likely pay you, but if you are from Europe like me then they will steal your money because they know you can't sue them because it's too much of a hassle and the traveling costs are huge.

I can go on for days, if you guys have any questions just ask away.

manupr likes this.
  2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Have you tried to reach out to Nanovation direct via this platform? In the thread you link to above Fred from Nanovation states his position to another user with issues. Sorry to hear your having a problem. Hopefully its just some sort of misunderstanding and you can resolve it. If you do please keep us updated. Good or bad.

suth4rshan likes this.
  3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Sorry to hear about your problems. I think with the arrival of Voodoo - all the 'traditional' publishers are clearly struggling right now. Even Ketchapp are finding it difficult to get a new game in the top 50. Umbrella have appeared to gone quietly into the night too.

4. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

It happened with us for our 2 games, yes they are a big fraud

6. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

There needs to be a list compiled here of Good Publishers and the Bad ones to avoid so everyone can know in which direction they need to go when ready to publish their games and stand a good business chance and outcome!

nyamuk91 likes this.
  7. manupr

manupr Boxer

please go outside to reddit.com/r/gamedev and let the entire community know about these scammers (with any proofs you have).saying they spent money on marketing without proof is obv scam.if u open nanovation website you will notice that they have no information about their founders or anything about them. they are hiding their true identities.

we shd stay together as developer community.
    also we shd let trey smith know because he has often mentioned this publisher.

DrWho likes this.
  8. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

So far, I assume there is only one bad experience, i.e Nanovation, rest all we worked are clear and good ones

9. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

It still wouldn't be a bad idea though at any rate for us all and future developers. ;)

10. manupr

manupr Boxer

they have no office address, no names, nothing. seems like a shady company deciding to not make payments because their business model is not working anymor. app store feature are very weak these days for casual games. nanovation gets last few spots of new games we love(and never game of the day or banner). it is foolish to spend months on developing games for this publisher who will make so less money and then not even pay...

11. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

So you're suggesting that people signed a contract without knowing details about who they're signing with?
    That makes no sense.

DrWho likes this.
  12. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

Agreed, and logical @Jackazoid

13. kokolomoj

kokolomoj Boxer

i agree, trey smith should know exactly who he is promoting.

14. kokolomoj

kokolomoj Boxer

I signed a big agreement with them, 10 pages long. but what can i do, go sue them in USA for 800$?
    They are a joke - we worked for a few months and they avoided a skype call - they will not have a voice call with you, let alone a video call! a joke!!

Please inform any developers you may know.

15. kokolomoj

kokolomoj Boxer

How much do they owe you?
    Did they try to scam you at first by showing you only a part of the revenue?

16. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

They never shared any detail in info but yes was something around $600-800 share. Usually if we asked in detail, the main guy used to get angry always and said, need to leave talk to you soon and this was the only message we used to receive most of the times. So we stopped working with cheaters

17. manupr

manupr Boxer

my larger point was, when people run a business like publishing which mainly involves working with other developers it is strange that they have no internet presence. when many devs complain about cheating then this becomes more glaring.

i dont have experience with nanovation but have experience with another publisher who did something similar. i am just saying we should make them answerable. if legal means is not possible, may be spread the word with proof... ?

18. manupr

manupr Boxer

this particular trick of saying money was spent on marketing by a company who makes money by simply getting featured? they have literally nothing to do but send out an email to app store editors for every game.

19. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

If you want to do something you need the name of the person that signed the contract.
    The only name that popups up for Nanovation is Ari Silverman but you can't determine if he's responsible if he didn't sign the contract.
    https://angel.co/ari-silverman

20. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer