General Questions

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by RishabhMehta, Aug 16, 2018.

1. RishabhMehta

RishabhMehta Boxer

Hello!

If anyone don't mind I wanted to clear my certain doubts.

1. Why do we need developer account?
    2. What publisher actually take from devloper?
    3. Who actually release the game, developer or publisher?
    4. Is it necessary to open Apple Developer account or Google Developer account is enough?
    5. Can publisher release a game that developer made?
    6. If we have only Google Developer account then Publisher can release game on both platform?

2. and249

and249 Avid Boxer

1. You need a developer account to publish your games and apps.
    2. It varies form publisher to publisher.
    3. Both of them can. If you are a developer and have a account you can publish the game. Else, you can do it with a publisher.
    4. To publish in iOS App Store you need an Apple Developer account which costs 100 dollars. The Google Play Developer account costs 25 dollars.
    5. Yeah of course.
    6. No, you can't. You can use Google Developer Account to publish in Google Play Store (Anodroid) only.

Hope I could solve all of your problems. :)

3. RishabhMehta

RishabhMehta Boxer

If publisher can release our game then why do we need developer account?

4. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

So they can test it out and verify everything is working properly. Some publishers also like to do retention tests before they officially release your game.

I'd highly recommend also having an App Store developer account. Pretty much all publishers want to verify that your games are working on iOS.

5. RishabhMehta

RishabhMehta Boxer

Ok It means firstly we have to release our game on store. Then what will be the next procedure if we are publishing our game.

6. RishabhMehta

RishabhMehta Boxer

For App Store developer account we need Xcode but I don't have mac or macbook to work on it.Can we do something with windows operating system?

7. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

You won't actually release it, but you can put it into beta mode, so testers can give it a try, and all functionality will be present, but it won't actually appear, or be promoted on, the store.

I had the same issue.

I got around this by having a friend with an iPhone and renting a server from MacinCloud for around $50 per month.

You need an iPhone to dual authenticate your developer account, which is required. Other phones won't work either, has to be an iPhone.

This works for me for now, but I'm working on getting my own iPhone for testing, which can be purchased used from Swappa for as low as $50 depending on the model/condition. I'll be going with something a bit newer, but the option is out there.

You can also buy used Macbooks on the service for under $500.

So, it's still a bit pricey out of the gate, but it's way cheaper than getting everything new for $2,000+. Or if you have a friend with an iPhone, and you can afford the MacinCloud subscription, you'll be all set for under $100.