About Copyright

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by Spireta, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Spireta

Spireta Boxer

hello fellow boxers !

so , my game is near its final stages but before i upload my game to the store i want to make sure one thing that is bugging me and i need some answers on this point.

lets say i upload my game to the IOS app store , and the game is really successful ! but i still dont have the game on android google play and i'm planning to do it in the future , not at the moment.
    How do i know that : another developer does not steal the game and upload the same game or the title or what ever i used on the original game like assets and the whole idea.
    How do I or someone else knows that "this" is my game ??? does build-box provides me with a copyright ? how do you convince someone that that game have been stolen or re uploaded by someone else that is not the owner and the designer of the game and is making profit out of my hardwork ???

thats all ! i could not find anything similar to my question on the forums.

any answer helps !
    Thank you for your time

Spireta

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

You can not do anything if you do not publish your game on Google Play.
    What you have to do, is to publish your game as Beta with 2-3 levels, so you will have the name and the game elements already reserved.
    The Google Play license costs only $ 25, I recommend that you have a Google developer account.

3. Spireta

Spireta Boxer

hello jcalle thanks for replying !

as i mentioned in my thread im talking about after i publish my game. Also i know how the google play license work :)

my question is tho:
    scenario > i publish my game in android google play store , i make alot of money cause the game is fun and so on .
    then YOU come and steal my content (game) and publish it to IOS app store (that was not there before) under your name claiming that YOU made the game.

how do i prove that the game YOU stole is not yours and its mine.

thats my main question :)

thanks again

Spireta

4. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

If you published it on one platform first and can prove it, you shouldn't have any problem having the other platform's version taken down. Dude, if you publish to one just publish to both at the same time!! It's better for your game if you do both. If you don't have iOS or Android (whichever) then you can have someone here help you to publish (create that other platforms version). Then you won't have any problems.

Cheers!

5. Devops

Devops Boxer

You cannot do anything about it, only if you have the copyright titles to your name, then you can do something about it,

I suggest, if you spent lots of amount of time on creating a unique character then you should definitely invest in copyrighting the game name and title and also assets, but if you are using generic graphics, then there is no way that you can prevent from anybody from creating a similar game, even if they steal your design.

6. Spireta

Spireta Boxer

i see , its pretty much clear now ! thank you for your reply mate , helps me alot ! :)

Spireta.

7. zoobi

zoobi Boxer