Buildbox 3 Future Ideas.

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by AppNasty, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I think everything possible with scripting, Even online multiplayer if they add networking and database features, Beside handling the performances.

But again, Supporting this natively at least for the basics to sign control input/gamepad mouse/analog id/ player defined variables and developer can extend it with scripting this will be awesome, Just imagine a mini kart racing with 4 players how can be awesome :D

Forgot to mention, Multi views/screen can be awesome as well, Espeically if it can enabled/disabled and also screen can adjusted automatcally and scalled probably when players jump in to the game!

2. adrogdesigns

adrogdesigns Avid Boxer

@NikRudenko @TreySmith
    Is it, or would it be possible to add our own assets to the asset library.
    if its possible how do we do it?
    or if its not, could that be a feature added.
    The ones you guys have there already are okay, but to be able to add our own?
    it would be awesome to add our own assets in there so there all the time, open bb3 just start making games all assets there ready to go..

3. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

I would like to see more control on ads how they should appear and OnFailOver, what network ads should popup.
    Custom ads network support (3rd party)

4. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

With Alpha 3 there was an import function for assets but in Beta1 it disappeared (Why?) and drag and drop does not work on the Mac with assets. :(

5. JustBraden

JustBraden Boxer

Is it possible to have smart enemies that follow you around? And when an enemy is killed, an option to have him not appear the next time you load the world? If not, this could be a good feature to add as I have a game concept but cannot use BB to make it.

Also an event observer to re-lock navigation buttons and characters if that’s not already added.

6. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

That is very cool idea. I'll check what i can do there

You still can drag and drop assets when you are in Level Editing mode.

JustBraden likes this.
  7. NikRudenko

It is not possible yet but we are working right now on solution to add custom Assets. Also i'm surprised that BB community already started creating their won assets. So I think it will be good to have some community section of assets over there

adrogdesigns, JustBraden and AppNasty like this.
  8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

@NikRudenko we definitely need better view distance! i have several way cool games started but the fact we can only see 20 feet in front of us ruins it lol.

NikRudenko likes this.
  9. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Not with Macbook pro. Maybe just place an import button again like Alpha3

10. NikRudenko

Yes. we will bring that stuff back for sure

11. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

To be honest I think the BIG thing that this engine needs is .FBX and animation support for 3d Models.

adrogdesigns likes this.
  12. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

FBX is going to complicate things if people are already having problems with simple OBJ imports. 3D isn’t like 2D where you can just use what you find and like. 3D models that people just find online need to be checked for errors and correct UV maps.

A guide needs to be written or found for novices who just want to import something and start making a game. I’m in the middle of bidding on my next game dev contract, but I’ll try making a guide as soon as possible if no one else can get to it right now.

13. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

The fact that there is dead silence on the FBX stuff is a bit off a worry ! There is a wealth of FBX resources out there, and not to be able to use them will stop a lot of people for the other games engines coming over.

thatguyminib likes this.
  14. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

I honestly think they’re just trying to keep things simple for now. You can’t take a user group used to just finding 2D art they like and throw them into a world filled with modeling, rigging, and animation. Even if you can find a rigged FBX model online chances are they don’t include the animation cycles one might need for a project.

15. JustBraden

JustBraden Boxer

Having BuildBox 3 work without internet connection would be awesome. There's other ways to prevent copies being distributed illegally and it's been brought up before. Here's what I've got:

• Requiring internet connection to export your game.
    • Requiring internet connection when installing the first time.
    • Requiring internet connection once every 3-5 days.
    • You cannot export someone else's game, because their bbdoc is unique to their licence.

Of course the last one would probably be the hardest to implement and isn't necessarily needed if the other things are added.

I travel a lot and it would be awesome to work on my games on the plane! My internet also frequently goes down because I am moving to a new place, so I need to save the file every minute to make sure progress isn't lost. It would be so useful to have this feature.

Let's say someone downloads a free copy off some website (bypasses the 2nd and 3rd layer of security), and spends a few days working on a game. They finally decide to test it, but realize that they can't export without internet. They'd be forced to buy a licence so they can continue, or else all their work would be lost! ;)

Just an idea.

16. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

You wouldn't want the last one. As many boxers design games and sell the source. It's a business all in its own.

17. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Perfect solution for this https://www.mixamo.com/#/

18. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Support for Visual Studio 2017 (Windows Store Exports), that's because there's now Visual Studio 2017 for Mac. ;-)