Buildbox 3 & License Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Qdeveloper, Jul 29, 2018.

?

Do you want Developer Service Portal website to manage buildbox license and downloads?

1. Yes this helpful & cool

100.0%
  2. Not important.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I am very happy with the new features in BuildBox 3, Big claps to @TreySmith & buildbox team :)

Here things if implemented correctly, It will save me a lot of time and might make buildbox my main game engine.

1- Create a portal for users to revoke/reactivate their buildbox licenses when they want to change their computer and re-download the software, This already existed in other game-engines services, It's very frustrating to send an email to support team every time i need, I already did it and never got the reply since Friday :(

2- Don't drop Perpetual licenses option, I understand the hype for subscription but I am hopping to not find this dropped in future completly, This licenses option very important for many small indie studios, And need to be improved a bit further, First this can be only with version number, So I am expecting to have BB3 all the time, But if BuildBox 4 release I am expecting to buy it at the same routine in perpetual license but with a discount, In other hand the advantage of subscription for other users can still get it free as long as they still in the subscription offer. :)

3- Buildbox need to have a way to work offline, I wish i can use buildbox in this way like any other game engine like gamemaker, unity3d, etc.. at least for the perpetual license, Why i will loss my work or not able to use it offline? I remember long time ago i participate an indie jam in one of famous university in Qatar, which they didn't able to offer an internet in the weekend, Which i missed the opportunity to use buildbox for my entry and i use another game engine, I hope this will be reconsidered in future, I believe with the user portal services, this can hit two birds with one stone :D.

> Users can manage their licenses to their likeness and revoke/reactivite it by themself in buildbox website, for example a special portal for buildbox developers.
    > Buildbox team can still monitor the users and license activity, While users have flexible and easy way to handle any licenses issue.
    > Offline can be limited like for 30 days or something in case of subscription, And 1 year for perpetual license, And will rest every time the users connected to the internet.
    > Buildbox team still can promote and encourage users to be connected to the internet with many special ways, like updating buildbox, smart assets, promotion, bugs reporting, latest news etc..

If this implemented, I think Unity3d and gamemaker will have big hard time competing with buildbox :p

Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    jcalle and patostar like this.
  2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

People have been requesting to work offline for 3 years, but still the BB team has not said or done anything.
    There is also another problem, which is that if you have a perpetual license for example of BB2, when BB4 or BB5 comes out, you may no longer have a license and support, and you have to buy BB5 for example. Or even worse, if the BB team closes the company, all people who have a perpetual license will no longer be able to use the program.

Qdeveloper likes this.
  3. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I hope they will change this to support BuildBox and offer developer portal, It's fine to drop the support of buildbox 2 when buildbox 4 for example released, But also they can do special discount upgrade to encourage people to upgrade, Again i believe the risk to not able to work when internet connection shutdown or even worse to lose your work, This alone will frustrate the users, For example Construct 3 which in fact a web application can work offline just fine despite it's based on HTML5 and relay on web technologies, Which thankfully buildbox is not, They need to trust their users and give them better way to use buildbox, Heck i never thought i will be in love with this engine despite i use other game engine for such long time, but i found something in buildbox other game engine don't, It's FUN to use :D

4. mugen_id

mugen_id Boxer

if you do not get what "from the buildbox .. other game engine will come out in a minute.
    and I'm sure this will be more powerful than the buildbox..
    just look manu.co

5. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I am aware of many game engines, And i am also aware of manu as well, There is no powerful game engines, Each one is working differently and has pros and cons, I am already able to use other game engine like unity3d, gamemnaker etc.. and I even released games using them, But what make buildbox standout is the way it's working, It's a different way of thinking to make games, It has presets and endless scenes editor that i never have seen in any other game engine tools so far, Other game engines require to program the endless game scenes or to use custom source codes like Unity3d to achieve something close, Buildbox is a great professional casual game maker, And i am happy they start to add other new features that might be useful for more depth of games beside the casual genres, but again when i want to develop a nice mobile game!, buildbox will come in mind. But the only frustrating is the way it's require to have an internet and the very limited license control. Having a developer portal service will open much more possibilities and give us more freedom, Buildbox can be a perfect tool i am sure it will achieve that someday, @TreySmith is a good marketer, The best thing he do, He is even using BuildBox to develop games to promote the software, This alone make him closer to buildbox customers and make him listen and understand them very well :).