Buildbbox 3.0 Beta 1 Bugs Report Thread

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by wesam_badr, Jul 26, 2018.

1. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

So I downloaded the beta 1 and this is my observation @TreySmith @NikRudenko

1- BB open normally at the start so there is no problem yet

2- everything looks great and everything loaded correctly

3- I can open all the games and I can add assets to the library someone reported that it doesn't work for him.

4- so the first problem encountered when I go full screen the scene editor becomes black and disappear.

5- the major issue for me that when I try to preview the game bb get vanish I assume it crashes so i cant preview any game it always crashes. (is this a graphics issue? I have NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M and Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600) switching between graphic solve half of the problem and create other bugs so indeed there is a graphics issue.

6- edit node button doesn't work you always need to double-click the node to open the script.

7- When you open a preset there is no back to the welcome screen like it used to have in bb2 in the help menu - If you want to open any other preset you will need to close BB and open it again or if I am wrong, correct me, please. (when you click on new in file menu solve the problem)

8- you can't open the start UI to edit your logo or added the loader

9- It crashes a lot for no reason I still think its graphics memory issue

10- I can't see the actions characteristics. are they substituted or transferred anywhere into the nodes we don't have checkpoints, powerups magnets (i thought that we are going to get more powerups) invincibility etc...

11- where is the logics, transform portals etc... and also I really liked the path logic that was introduced to us in a previous webinar is it still coming?.

12- No ads

13- new obj dropped into bb 3.0 doesn't have any start node and no collision shape

that's all, for now, I still experimenting with things
    So i hope people to sick to this post o report bugs - so what the bugs that you found in BB 3.0 beta 1?

Conclusion: So people who want to start making games and upload it to the Appstore don't dream about it and don't complain too much BB 3.0 it's still in beta and misses a lot of features it will need another 6 months to get even with the actual version of bb 2.0 so just go back to bb 2.0 and complete your projects and play times to times with BB 3.0 so when it gets complete you will know how to use it.

I just ask BB team to faster the development process so at least we get the finished version by Christmas.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    i.am.ulas, NikRudenko and mrcarson like this.
  2. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Boxer

Main Menu UI and Game Over menu UI not working. Nik replied saying that they are working on a fix.

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I've noticed the objects in world will often disapear. You have to scroll out or in and they will re-apear.
    It's crashes sometimes when you click NEW and choose a new preset. To get around this I've figured out that if you select new, wait. Don't click anything. Let it load. Then when you select new preset...again, wait. Let it load. Then it doesn't crash.

Major issue loading objs. Unless the object is super tiny, it will crash the moment you hit play. Even if the object is in scene and you can move it around, it will still crash when you hit play. (Memory issue in BB 3 perhaps?)

4. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Buildbox , @NikRudenko is anyone aware regarding where to place the ads keys in buildbox beta, yes we can see the ad networks in inspector but where should we place the keys??

5. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

Undo function doesn't seem to work on the node editor.

6. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

Ads aren't fully implemented yet. They're hoping to include them in the next beta update.

bmsingha likes this.
  7. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

Also BB crashes if you drag the color selector around on Windows 10.

If you simply click on a spot in the color selector, it's all good, but if you drag it, it crashes.

8. hebbes

hebbes Boxer

Can confirm, that there seems to be an issue with switchable graphics. When running on the integrated, I can work with buildbox (edit scenes and everything), but when I hit the preview button, buildbox crashes. When running on the dedicated card (geforce 940M), the whole buildbox program window is empty and I can not work with it, but the preview works...

9. AstrologicMedia

AstrologicMedia Boxer

On my old Macbook Pro mid 2010 the editor have issues, the preview works good trough:
    upload_2018-7-27_9-57-52.png

10. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

So they just released the beta and here comes all the bugs and errors!!!! why do they do this to us every time? we are paying for this, I waited so long to use the 3rd so we have to wait a couple of months to get the next update yeah great

11. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Great, thanks for the info, I too assumed

12. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

This error happens to me from BB3 Alpha 2, I reported it, but they did not give me a solution.
    BB3, it only works 100% on my desktop PC with AMD HD7970, on my laptop with intel graphics, the preview does not work.

Xpoint games likes this.
  13. Tonyfisher6379

Tonyfisher6379 Boxer

MAC Users - on my MacBook I have figured out the zoom in & out while viewing the plane. Rotation hasn't been identified with key functions as of yet.

14. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Certain types of collision shapes seem to cause crashes right now. They left out the collision shapes for the obstacles in Deep Fly because of this I think. If I add a tube collision shape the software crashes on collisions.

15. SAvas

SAvas Boxer

I am very sad. But this beta version contains too many errors. The buildbox crashes when I load the obj file. Rotation is not working on Macbook. Only zoom + and - are done. It's unclear when the next beta will be released. Are we going to pay for months until the faults are resolved?

16. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Spacebar + right click and you can rotate.

17. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Important!
    Importing a OBJ file via drag and drop does not create a proper object. You have to replace the mesh of an existing object instead. There doesn't seem to be a way to create a new object on your own. You need an object for proper node structure. For example, an imported OBJ will create an object without a Start node.

The workaround is to import the obj, then add the obj's mesh to an existing object. Then delete the obj you imported. You will now have a proper object with the mesh you wanted to use.

I think this is what is causing some of the crashes. Also, but sure to check the integrity of your 3D models if you still have errors. Run the clean up utility on the mesh using the 3D software you have.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  18. Lamora

Lamora Avid Boxer

For me its crash every time i click preview

Windows 10, Gaming Laptop asus g50, lots of free space etc

Titus likes this.
  19. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Hi Guys, if you are having crashes and imported an OBJ file, you might want to try a new BB3 save file that doesn’t import an 3D model. Some large models, or more complex ones with mny vertices, defintely will crash the software.

20. Benfont

Benfont Avid Boxer

We knew the beta version was not going to be perfect (no beta version of any software ever is). We also pushed to get BB 3 sooner. This was all expected. Just be patient and the improvements will come.
    I am personally happy with the direction in which BB is going: the nodes + the scripting is definitely the way to go.

ohkenny, Rebel Studios and Lamora like this.