Buildbox 3.0 Beta Development Plan

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Jul 26, 2018.

1. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

Hi everyone. As you might know today we releasing a BB3 Beta for everyone and I hope you will like it :)
    While you guys downloading BB Beta we already working on next Beta Update for you.
    Just few hours ago we finished cleaning and organizing Nodes.
    [​IMG]
    (this new fancy color coding nodes will be available in next update)

Let me share with you guys what we are working on and what we think is important to have in next update:

- Android export.

- Fix for shadow issues for Integrated Video Cards (OSX). In fact already found solution just need to make sure it didn't create other issues for other video cards.

- Bug Fixes, cleaning, improving, cleaning, bug fixes, bug fixes and improving :).

- Level Based and Progression presets. We all know that modern hyper casual games is little bit more complex then 2 years ago. There is a lot of tiny little things that keep player engaged with your creation.

- API Stabilization. I'm working on releasing more info about JS API, for you guys who want to mess with JS

- Ad Network Support. I bet some of you really want to start submitting games on App Store and I hear you. So that is what we working on bring Ad Networks Support back.

- MORE CONTENT. We will add more assets, more templates and more nodes.

With BB3 Beta we want to deliver updates way more often to you so stay tuned and be ready for new awesome news.

Cheers.

mrcarson, stevinz, swnam12 and 6 others like this.
  2. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@NikRudenko Hi I didn't understand quite sure! Isn't there ad networks support in this Beta version?? I thought we could be able to publish apps when we got this. Not at least admob banner and interstitials?? I really don'T get it sorry. Besides I still didn't receive my email for download.

3. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Will you please include the same hook classes as 2.3.6? It’s paramount for integrating third party SDKs and complying with GDPR.
    Thanks. Looking forward to using BB3.

4. NikRudenko

Yes there is no Ad Support yet. First we focused on core elements. Make sure all is smooth and you guys can do a cool gameplay. The next step will bering other stuff that make you game complete.

Yes. I'll definitely bring that custom AdIntegrator.

And as i mention earlier it won't be long until you guys see another update. ;)

volcank and AaroArts like this.
  5. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Is there a timeline that you're following? A Trello board that tracks the progress of development would be awesome.

mrcarson and volcank like this.
  6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That's the one I was asking in the other forum thread. Leveling up and automated randomization within these levels. It doesn't make sense to build 1000 levels if you can automatize this with variables for each level and UI.

volcank likes this.
  7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@NikRudenko Yes I get it but in the event video you had the interstitials and banner settings when you had the demo! And acually I was hyped up! Why didn't you add these in beta? I really actually wanted to create and publish a game with this one in my learning stage and plus I am sure it is not just me everyone else was waiting for it.
    Screenshot is in the link.
    https://ibb.co/fEkmpT

8. NikRudenko

Ads
    Ads settings is there. But I can't call them finished. We need to test in many different case and polish it out. We just need to bring a little bit more love to Ads so you guys can enjoy.

If you guys needs Ad Integration super badly ping me private. I can hook you up with some development builds that might help you.

bmsingha and volcank like this.
  9. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

I noticed I can get the beta along with the BB2....I already ya e a subscription for BB2 how do I get the beta...do I cancel my current subscription and start a new one? Thanks

10. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Will you really have a game started and finished, ready to publish before the next few updates?

It’s still beta anyway. This should be about learning and testing.

volcank likes this.
  11. mrcarson

mrcarson Boxer

Yep, my plan is to be published as soon as possible. My team and I already have a project started with a slew of 3D models ready, and we don't even have our beta licence keys yet. lol. Some people move faster than others.

What better way to test then to use the software for exactly what it's meant for; making real legitimate games that are ready for publishing?

volcank likes this.
  12. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes I get what you say totally true but still, why not? I am not talking about making a complex game and spend months or things and make like 100 scene but to test things out and publishing a 3D game is something everyone wants. And plus from those settings I can see things can be created really quickly. We saw how it got created I mean being in 3d environment is cool. I hope the update comes soon.

13. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@NikRudenko thank you for clearing out and for giving support for ads. I really hope things get smoothed out and hoping to see the ad networks working soon.

14. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes +1 on what you said and I totally agree with you! I am also a 3d artist and already started to use Unity and Playmaker so quite familiar with 3d game making and playing with nodes for the last 3 months. I don't have a team but I am sure I will get a hold of BB3D quite fast and nicely.

15. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Super excited! Thank you for all these updates! really appreciated!

Now if only I can get my key lol

volcank likes this.
  16. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

This is a game changer for sure. Been playing with beta 1 for awhile now and loving it. And having weekly updates via inside BB itself is pure genius. Along with actual program updates....perfect. and to all who want ads, just get to designing your game. Over the next week or so, polish it to perfection. Then when updates come in, ads become available etc, move on to next step. Take this time to design.

Rebel Studios likes this.
  17. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

@NikRudenko is there a way to reference a child object that is help in a parent object?

Also is there a way to deactivate and reactivate at all?

18. SAvas

SAvas Boxer

when will advertising support come? I know you work hard and you do great work. Thank you so much. But ad support is also very important. Could you give me a date for ads support?
    @NikRudenko

19. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@NikRudenko Hi I still didn’t recieve my licence for bb3d is that normal?

20. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

volcank likes this.