Buildbox 3.0 Alpha 3

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by TreySmith, Jul 8, 2018.

1. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Fbx requires animation workflows and a lot more than just reading the file format. I wouldn’t call it simple considering they’re trying to rethink how everything has been done before in other software and make it easier to understand and use.

2. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

So I have tried BB3 Alpha 3 for the first time today and I absolutely love it. It just makes sense to me. The node system is great and I'm finding it really easy to pick up and get something together pretty quickly. I can only imagine this is going to go from strength to strength and will enable Boxers to create really great and unique gameplay styles. My mind is buzzing with the possibilities of this and the speed with which I can get a prototype together. The great thing for me is that I'm going through a coding bootcamp at the moment so learning JavaScript as part of that. Apart from some OpenGL issues the team are fixing for the Beta I'm really impressed. Great job @TreySmith @NikRudenko and the rest of the BB Team. Looking forward to the Beta event and the surprise.

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  3. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

It does look like they have dropped the 2D stuff, I couldn't find anywhere for 2D worlds so that might make a few people unhappy unless they are going to merge the two together ? or may be there will be two difference versions 2D and 3D, we will have to see ?

4. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

BB2 will be incorporated into BB3
    You will therefore have the choice of building in 2D or 3D

Trey said this on May 3rd:
    "Alpha 1 was hard to use. It was Nik’s version. Alpha 2 will be my version that is easier.
    The biggest hold up on its releases was combing BB2 with BB3
    I.e having 2D worlds and 3D in same version
    Alpha 1 was 3D only
    Nik just finished this merge last night.
    Because team was sick of dealing with two versions and this was the big thing we need to do in order to move BB3 forwadd
    After alpha 2, we will do beta for all subscribers
    Hoping to not have a long wait between those too Two"

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    MattWills likes this.
  5. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

That's great news about the 2D being merged in, there's no stopping you now !

6. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hi BB Team, I'm assuming that the Buildbox 3D Event time is 3pm PST? It doesn't say, it just says 3pm and when you convert into your own timezone on the webinar page, it just shows 3pm BST (British Summer Time). We're currently 8 hours ahead of PST, so I'll be there at 11pm, pen at the ready :)

7. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

The countdown should still be correct but yes the first time is at 3pm pst

8. Kieran_P

Kieran_P Boxer

i wondered this last time there was a webinar to watch. i registered to watch on my uk timezone and the counter counted down to the uk time and it started when it said it would. i assume that this BB3 webinar will be the same and, as i assume it isn't live, it will be sown at 3pm/6pm wherever you are.

9. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I thought it just shows at 3pm or 6pm in everyones Time Zones... No conversions.
    Basically everyones watching at different times.

10. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

That's why I popped the question @AaroArts, as usually all of @TreySmith webinars are in his local time, so you register for the webinar and then convert to your timezone for the reminder, but it just changed to GMT/BST at 3pm. So I think you maybe right, perhaps it's a recorded webinar that will be aired at 3 or 6pm for everyones local time. Perhaps someone from the BB Team can confirm, cheers.

11. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Pretty sure it's a pre-recorded webinar that will go live at the same time in your timezone. They'll probably make you sit through it before they give you the link. I plan on just fast-fowarding through it. It's not like it's going to go away if I want to watch it again.

12. thatguyminib

Can't fast forward the webinar. At least in the crush the appstore you couldn't.

13. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

I can. Safari gives you controls automatically for video in the touchbar on a Macbook Pro even if the website disables it.

thatguyminib likes this.
  14. thatguyminib

I do think it is kinda shitty that some will see it before others :/ rip @Buildbox

15. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

16. thatguyminib

17. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

Dude, I don’t know if what I said will work or not. For all we know they’ll just post a link or send out an email to everyone at the same time. But, if I’m forced to watch a video to get it I’ll cheat in any way possible. :p

18. thatguyminib

Was mainly talking about the countdowns people are getting that are saying 1 day left lol. Mine says 2.

19. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

1 day, 9 hours to be exact. 15 hours is a pretty big window. They wouldn't release it staggered like that would they? What would be the point?

20. thatguyminib

I hope they wouldn't. Mine says 2 days and 2 hours atm. 15 hours is a pretty big head start.

@Buildbox any comments on this? Will it be released at the same time for everyone?